More fusebox woes

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Low n slow

Reaction score
So, i've ascertained you can't get new ones. I went and unscrewed it to pull it forward so i could 1, see what is actually going on and 2.try and repair it so that it would hold fuses again instead of spitting them on the floor and down the front panel but the wires are holding it all back. Didn't like to tug too hard in case i pulled wires off so in short now i'm buggered. All the fuseholder bits have gone slack and move obout, also the box itself seems loose. I'm also not a midget so am finding it really awkward.
Time to call a mobile mech? or any advice would be very gratefull. Stumped.

The fusebox is in the worst inaccessible place and a total arse, but as sparky wig says the should be enough slack. Have you managed to lift it out of its retaining bracket? Then you can lay it forward a bit and bugger about with it. On the plus side they are as simple as, only a couple of relays and maybe the buzzer.

To be honest, the whole shebang feels like it's gonna drop to bits if I give it too much wallop. I'll try again tomorrow when there's more light. I just hope I don't screw the thing up by too much force.

It sounds as if you need a new one anyway, what's the worst that can happen.....?
I'd disconnect the battery first though. :lol:

I seem to recall Steve/Zedbed breaking a van a while back, he may have a fusebox spare.

Is it a 10 fuse early bay fusebox, i had a new wiring loom made by these guys with a new fuse box included (no plastic cover) if you give them a call they may be able to supply you with one
http://www.rayneautomotive.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tel: 012450790360

Hope this helps
Bob

My '72 box is tucked up under the dash in a naff place, I found taking the clocks out fave me a better view to scream in its face with frustration :lol:

Remove the glovebox, it makes it far easier to see what you are doing, as already advised disconnect battery first. it sometimes helps to grab the loom next to the headlight bowl and give it a shove up.

So now just a wee bit confused as i've got a 12 row box and some of you seem to have 10 row. What should I have ? 12 or 10.
Van was built in late 69 as a 1970 model (bearing in mind a p.o. could have put a different box in) i've tried the samba but can't make much sense of it. Apparently, there was a change in late 69.

Cheers mr wigg. :)
Got home from work friday and JK delivered a 10 bit one i'd mistakenly ordered long before christmas.
Proper one would be good though.

Low n slow said:
So now just a wee bit confused as i've got a 12 row box and some of you seem to have 10 row. What should I have ? 12 or 10.
Van was built in late 69 as a 1970 model (bearing in mind a p.o. could have put a different box in) i've tried the samba but can't make much sense of it. Apparently, there was a change in late 69.
211 937 505 B = August '67 to end of July '69. (10 fuses).
411 927 505 A = August '69 to end of July '70. (12 fuses) - the one I offered you recently.
411 937 505 B = August '70 to end of July '71. (12 fuses).
411 937 505 C = August '71 onwards. (12 fuses).

Latest posts