Most expensive early bay ever ???

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definately the most expensive crossover I've ever seen!

I think they're dreaming - that's just silly money!!

0,,5799125,00.jpg

Tell him he's dreamin'!!!

;)

I remember the outrage when Just Kampers were selling it some 6 or 7 years ago for ....

£14k ;)

Ive seen it, and if its as it was then, its 'possibly' worth it.

Phil Dowling said:
Good god!! You can buy a village in Wales for that :wink:

you could by the valley's and still have change for a bag of chips on the way home :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My initial reaction was that's crazy, but thinking about it ...

... the top of the range band new Danbury Rio is over £32k and you'll have to pay tax each year. I'm not suggesting anyone on here would buy such a thing, but I know which one I'd prefer :) .

Also, how many other 12,000 mile from new early westies do you know of??? With this type of rare vehicle, you'd only ever start trying to sell at a really high price because, if there's someone out there that really wants it regardless, you'll get your money. Depending on how keen the seller is to get money, the price may well drop after a while if that buyer isn't there waiting, but it's gotta start high.

I wouldn't want it though - more of a museum piece than a car to drive.

dp said:
My initial reaction was that's crazy, but thinking about it ...

... the top of the range band new Danbury Rio is over £32k and you'll have to pay tax each year. I'm not suggesting anyone on here would buy such a thing, but I know which one I'd prefer :) .

Also, how many other 12,000 mile from new early westies do you know of??? With this type of rare vehicle, you'd only ever start trying to sell at a really high price because, if there's someone out there that really wants it regardless, you'll get your money. Depending on how keen the seller is to get money, the price may well drop after a while if that buyer isn't there waiting, but it's gotta start high.

I wouldn't want it though - more of a museum piece than a car to drive.

I agree entirely! :)

Alot of money but like dp said its no more than a new Mexican Danbury jobby with all the bits and lets face it why should splittys get all the big bucks.
Could you imagine it went for around 10 to 15k. It would turn the market on its head, knowing these vans have a rising value is what encourages us to spend fortunes lowering and modifying them and parting with big bucks on clocks and deluxe bumper trim :)
I dont want these vans to become ridiculously over priced but it hasnt stopped splits finding owners.

the trouble is though once you have paid 27k for it - what do you do with it. you cant really use it as a camper or drive it a lot so it would just end up on the back of a trailer between shows or sat in a garage covered in meguires.

I sold this chap my low mileage (6,000 miles) '74 firebus last year.

The red splitty has some ridiculously low mileage on its clock too! :)

Willi76 from on here is selling his bus :( now this one IS worth the cashola 8)

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=606039

easy said:
Willi76 from on here is selling his bus :( now this one IS worth the cashola 8)

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=606039

Now thats a bargain IMHO 8)

I still think the other has a higher value though, as OG always trumps resto in
the higher price market and as far as what to do with it, slam the damn thing and dont park in Sainsburys carparks. :D :D

a very nice time warp classic vw camper 8) the most expensive one i saw for sale previous was £14,995 (which was nice) for £27k it is a lot of cash for a garage ornament , personally i would be scared shhhhhhhhhhless using it , but theres no point in hiding it away like some old painting , you get more enjoyment out of using vw campers 8)

Justin & Mutley said:
Is it any coincidence that they're both crossovers? :D

;)

No coincidence. Both owners realise they need a 'proper' early ;)

(Just messin')

Latest posts