MOT blues!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strutt

Reaction score
So With it being friday the 13th, my van is in for MOT :shock:

although after phoning the garage today to ask about their assessment on it, I got an answer of,

New drag ling and swivel pin,
A few patches on chassis ( I knew about these anyway)
new rear shocks, as now i have horseshoe plates on the driveshaft is hitting the chassis (apparently :roll: )
new front brake pads,

and it hasnt actually been down for the test yet....

although it now transpires that last years MOT was about a honest as pinocchio,
so a lot of the issues would have been sorted last year,

Not a happy bunny today, as im feeling rather skint at the minute and still havent used the van this year!
really hope my :( face will be a :D face by the end of the month!!!!!

Hi Strut,
Sorry to here about your woes. I not sure about the rear shocks needing replacement on your bus.
The reason for this is that Shocks do not carry any load in the suspension set up they should just dampen the movement of the torsion bars. The torsion bars set suspension height.

Not sure if I am right but there might be something in the tech section. Might be worth checking it out first before splashing out your hard earned dosh.

Good luck m8- keep us posted how u get on tomoro, fingers crossed for you ;)
I just dropped mine off for some surgery and mot is due the 30th, so asked him to run it in while its there - gulp :lol: oh well fingers crossed here too

simo

Cheers for the support chaps!

Hopefully all will be well tomorrow!
Ill be sure to report back, im not exactly sure what he was on about with the rear shocks!
I guess if i can just get it though the MOT, then ensure im happy with the set-up (i did notice one wheel with slight camber, even after fitting horse-shoe plates and resetting spring plates to 0 splines, but ill post a tech issue up if there is a problem!)

I have calmed down a bit now, after ranting to the Mrs :roll: ......and she hasnt even been in the van yet! what fun she has to come :lol:

Luke

i feel your pain dude :cry: mine was in on wednesday to change ball joints(dont have access to gas or proper tools).
it is now friday and they have still got the van.first balljoint took them 5 fricken hours :roll:

missus is steaming,not used van yet and with all the resto cost spiralling wonders whether we should of gone to thomas cook. :oops:

So friday the 13th, unlucky for some! and my wallet......but got the ticket, the most im spending on a woman in a while! :lol:

cost me £375 in the end, although i havent been over to pick the van up as of yet.

cheers for the support, im sure ill bore you all with my moanings and problems at some show over the season!
Roll on cider times :D

got mine back from the garage,ball joints all round and new brackets and bushes/rubbers for the antiroll bar.
they had the van two days,first one took them 5hrs and @£30/hr was not impressed :cry:
anyhow,had a muuuch at their work and all nice and shiny n new and the result was...........................

£150 OF YOUR FINEST PLEASE SIR ALL IN INC VAT KEEERRRCHING BACK OF THE NET! :p
WHAT A RESULT MAN!!
WELL HAPPY 8)
AND ON THE 13th to boot!

HAPPY DAYS

SHARKY.
:sick0019:

sharky71 said:
got mine back from the garage,ball joints all round and new brackets and bushes/rubbers for the antiroll bar.
they had the van two days,first one took them 5hrs and @£30/hr was not impressed :cry:
anyhow,had a muuuch at their work and all nice and shiny n new and the result was...........................

£150 OF YOUR FINEST PLEASE SIR ALL IN INC VAT KEEERRRCHING BACK OF THE NET! :p
WHAT A RESULT MAN!!
WELL HAPPY 8)
AND ON THE 13th to boot!

HAPPY DAYS

SHARKY.
:sick0019:

Ill drink to that! Nice one, shame my cost wasn't exactly the same, the gods of the EB were shining today :p

Latest posts