MOT Saga

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andynods

Reaction score
Hi all.

Joined a while ago, and know done if you from JK but thought I would start posting more. Been doing less online due to new job and new house and new baby but things are settling down now so have a little time!!

My bus is a fairly typical british early bay. Had loads of welding and interior is pretty molested.

It's MOT day so I'll start there.

Not at all hopeful. Can hadn't been on road for 18 months and had advisories for rust in last test that are not sorted.

My predictions are...

Some welding underneath
Maybe rear bearings
Rubber bush near front driver wheel split
Brakes not aligned
Orange indicator lens faded
Handbrake travel excessive

Hope it is not too bad. Have put some money aside. What I don't spend on this, I can use to tidy gutters.

Here Is my van, for those who haven't seen it before...

d5cde11f-03aa-5932.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Good luck with it.
If it fails on all of the above it (money permitting) wont be the end of the world.
Rear bearings have little play in them anyway. I changed my rears last year as it turned up on the advisory THEN found out they have a little play in em :oops: :mrgreen: .

P.S Is the Pop yours aswell?

Rich

Well. I'm used to it being a saga, hence the thread title but it was ok.

Knackered clip on roll bar and welding. Nothing else mechanical at all. Feel quite pleased.

Welding required is quite extensive. They estimated 7 hours but I know they will do it well. Had a good look underneath and it is clear to see which welding will be done next mot time too! At least I gave warning and tune to save!!

Thanks for all the warm thoughts!

(and no... The pic is the mot yard. The only one that is mine is the bay! They also had a 1930's bentley though, which was lovely!)

I'll try and post some pics of the rot...

7 hours is nothing. Mines just been finished after 6mths :D

Just got the rebuild to do and Ill be off in search of the magic green ticket ;)

I agree I got off lightly. Only thing is the advisory bit that isn't being done will become a fail within a year our two and that will be belly pans off.... Eek!!

I feel your pain!!!! :cry: :cry: i've a uk early bay and mine 's gone in the same place, :cry: :cry:
you are not alone !!!

If they can do it in 7 hours and do it properly then you've had a result
What do they charge an hour?

£40'ish.

Might get a little cheaper at my normal welder but I know the guy who will do it is very good and it makes sense if the tester does it so they can satisfy themselves it is a pass!

New it was coming so budgeted for worse!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Latest posts