mud flap brackets

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toffo24

Reaction score
i know this has been looked at before, i dont think it happened last time, sort of fizzeled out.

Is there still interest in front and rear muflap brackets?

I am curently having a set made for my bus and wondered if we could get a list going to see how many of you would also be intereted in having a set.
No confirmed prices yet, these would be powder coated and come with the hardware, all you have to do is choose your mudflap and fit.

I think we need about 20 name to get a decent offer price.

I will post up pctures of my set shortly.

If these are proper EB brackets and not cross over type I'm in.

1. toffo24
2. terrier man
3. reezvaan (all four corners)

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

1. toffo24
2. terrier man
4. bay-low71 (4)
5. rpp123456 - 4 (dependant on final price)

1. toffo24
2. terrier man
4. bay-low71 (4)
6. Kev946 (4)

I've already got a set of the Beetle style, e.g. the ones with reduced width at the top. OG ones I believe were rectangular

Mine are as these http://www.limebug.net/product/view/1484/vw-original-style-mud-flaps" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers

A couple of interesting threads for brackets

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=548914&highlight=mudflaps" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=340421&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=mudflaps&start=0&sid=0b44974b5e249d9142217f6073c251cf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ok as far as i can make out OG rear mudflap brakets clamp on the outside of the body and bolt to the bottom engine mount bolt.
i already have images of the og rears.

i just want to confirm the desgin of the fronts.
can you post pictures that you have up of fronts please so i dont end up making he wrong type.

cheers pete

toffo24 said:
ok as far as i can make out OG rear mudflap brakets clamp on the outside of the body and bolt to the bottom engine mount bolt.
i already have images of the og rears.

i just want to confirm the desgin of the fronts.
can you post pictures that you have up of fronts please so i dont end up making he wrong type.

cheers pete

Pete,

Check out the 2 threads I posted up from Samba. It shows both the OG Mudflaps which where rectangular and the style I have which are now readily available but come with Beetle brackets. The thread with the diagram is the OG brackets for the rears and would suit the style of mudflap I have but may need to be narrower where the bracket bolts to the mudflap. As for the fronts, it seems there are 2 styles, either clamping to the bottom of the bodywork mounted behind the wheel arch or similar to the fronts and bolted to the inner wheel arch. Not sure which is OG for the front.

Check the threads and see what you think

Cheers

hi Kev

thanks for the heads up having a look through these and i am still unsure of the front design sems to be several diffent mindsets. i will keep searching for some OG front mounting pictures.

toffo24 said:
hi Kev

thanks for the heads up having a look through these and i am still unsure of the front design sems to be several diffent mindsets. i will keep searching for some OG front mounting pictures.

Good luck. I spent ages on Samba and only came up with this. My bus is at the bodyshop so no rush for me but definitely want so OG quality brackets to mount my mudflaps.

Keep me posted.

Cheers
Kev

Depends , have you got the late bay ending bar , if you have the plans are on the 1st link in keyes earlier mail.

1. toffo24
2. terrier man
4. bay-low71 (4)
6. Kev946 (4)
7. Budbay6
8. Jamesabell1978 (4 - Depending on cost)

There are two different styles of mudlaps on the market, which ones will you make the brackets for? I don't think any of those samba brackets are suitable.

I've got a set of the rectangular flaps waiting for brackets. Post some pics when you get a chance.

1. toffo24
2. terrier man
4. bay-low71 (4)
6. Kev946 (4)
7. Budbay6
9. Chad (4 - Depending on cost)

Hi all ,

Went down to the fabricators early in the week and he is still working on this for me. I will update you all soon.

1. toffo24
2. terrier man
4. bay-low71 (4)
6. Kev946 (4)
7. Budbay6
9. Chad (4 - Depending on cost)
10. Priscilla1969 (4)

Front and rear for an early would be excellent.

Latest posts