My 1971 Bays resto so far - Interior going in

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biscuit

Reaction score
Here are a few pics of the work so far of my Bay's (Neptune) Resto so far. Lots of little unforseen bits cut off but all the welding now finished!!!! Thank god.

1. http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb144/Barber13/neptunes%20resto/?albumview=slideshow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Updated Pics 2. http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb144/Barber13/Update%20resto/?albumview=slideshow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

front.jpg

frontdriverside.jpg

nearside.jpg

fronttop.jpg

backoffside.jpg

enginebay2.jpg

enginebaypainted.jpg

insiderear.jpg

The paint job has now begun, not long now beofre I get him home to fit him back together and start camping again!!!! ;D

P1010102.jpg

P1010101.jpg

P1010099.jpg

P1010100.jpg

gninnam said:
Nice job 8) - what colour have you gone for :?:

It was Neptune blue L50k before I started on it, and the new paint is neptune blue but it looks a bit darker that the original paint, probably due to the old paint being faded!!!

looking good simon! will look forward to pics of the finished job. may get them to do mine at the the end of the year, or maybe next, as i think i may end up spending the resto pot on a motorbike :? :?

Now that's what I'm talking about..... fresh Neptune Blue rocks!

Can't wait till mine gets to this stage.... if it looks half as nice as this I'll be well happy as that looks super straight and super shiney!!!!

Love seeing fresh paint and especially this colour (but I would say that)... made my day you have!

Well chuffed for you.... keep em coming! :D :D :D :D

Thanks for your kind words about the progress, I've been waiting for this resto to start for about 4 years!!!!!

Doors have been painted this week, and last weekend I install the engine back in.

Mick is the guy doing all the paint work and he is located just outside York near Elvington, very talent guy and he has an eye for detail. contactable on our club forum (user name- metalflakedave).

P2010116.jpg

P2010117.jpg

25042009240.jpg

25042009241.jpg

25042009242.jpg

steve92 said:
looking good simon! will look forward to pics of the finished job. may get them to do mine at the the end of the year, or maybe next, as i think i may end up spending the resto pot on a motorbike :? :?

If you wanted I can introduce you to them and come and see mine while it's in there garage. They really know there stuff and very freindly.

gorgeous colour, got a bit of saving to do before the full resto becomes a reality, but hey it all takes time :D

Some pics of some the bits and bobs going back today!!!

09052009271.jpg

09052009272.jpg

09052009277.jpg

09052009270.jpg

09052009273.jpg

09052009276.jpg

Windows to go in soon and build the cab doors, then once it's back home in the garage the interior needs putting back in!!!