my 1971 bus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just before we went euro trippin managed to get more comfy seat and new steering wheel ah much better drive

Picture002.jpg

DSC00246.jpg

The Daggers said:
Grazy said:
Yeah Daggers nice exhaust what is it where from ,well done on the BIG euro trip mate 8)

zaust was bought from kingfisher kustoms empi phat boy stainless had to cut manifold to fit as meant for a merged system

shaggy amp was easy to install

si changing air vents to correct ones and then correct rear valance and rear arches

and changing interoir again

eurotrip was ace cant wait for next one

why did someone change it to a crossover? :?: strange thing to change the rear valance? that must have been loads of un necessary work. :shock:

id say it was a crossover thats had early rear light units retro fitted rather than new arches, vents and rear valance. engine bay is totally different between the 2.

not knocking your bus, i converted my crossover to early vents etc :wink:

Nice van. 8)

I think I saw her when she was for sale on ebay a year or so ago? :)

Looks like she was originally a Danbury judging by the two holes on the crossmember above the the engine lid, where the little Danbury badge would have been. :)

Danbury Doug said:
Nice van. 8)

I think I saw her when she was for sale on ebay a year or so ago? :)

Looks like she was originally a Danbury judging by the two holes on the crossmember above the the engine lid, where the little Danbury badge would have been. :)

i have had the bus for three years now it came from the london area and has been bare metaled since hard work is that :lol:

someone put a late type front panel or never put low lights in all the underside goes with 71 steering box etc , the back end has been replaced new arches rear qtrs etc so dont no whats gone on there i am trying to find out how it should be for a march 71 i think any advice will help loads cheers
rich

its a cross over, the rear should be late arches, quarters and tailights, its had early lights fitted at some point.
the front panel has been changed to a later one (a common repair) and you still have the early style front arches.
No one would have fitted a later style fixed valance and all the internal metal work, its much too big a job, plus the chassis number is in the right place.
the only change i would make is to get the right front indicators and grille

I wouldnt worry about changing it back, just enjoy what you have! :wink:

Any pics of the VIN plate?, then we can be able to see from that. Strange for a early 71 to be a crossover tho.

Looks a million dollars tho and definately loving that zaust 8)

Needs a cider pump in there aswell :wink:

Looks a million dollars tho and definately loving that zaust 8)

Needs a cider pump in there aswell :wink:[/quote]

Yeah Easy agree might get one of them "zausts " for the Panel van AND a cider pump 8) :lol:

good choice! I have a barrel for the roof rack, but is so heavy on it its a joke :shock: need to bring less cider to shows..................never!

hi nice bay!

where did you get the GB plate with the year on?

cheers (and it looks better with the early front indicators.) 8)

Madjoiner said:
hi nice bay!

where did you get the GB plate with the year on?

cheers (and it looks better with the early front indicators.) 8)

thanks its getting there bit by bit

the GB plate was from coolair with a beetle bracket which i bent into a different shape to fix, also i stuck it to the bracket rather than drilling it

hi mate nice front end doood , now about to fit a spotlight like yours , trouble is i got no idea how , :oops: any pointers son :wink:

That much i know :lol: wiring up is gonna be the problem mate :roll: