My 1971 mongrel bay!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h9llw

Reaction score
Hi guys, thought it was time i posted some pics of my latest mission,i bought it early this year and paid £1500 for it.IT is lhd with early rear lights but has high fronts and disc brakes.(dunno whats goin on there)Anyway its on with being sorted,engine rebuilt,welding done on body,painted beryl green (looks yellow in pics,but is green),changed to low front lights!ha got a cali front beam which i,m lowerin,brm,s are ready to go on, and new interior to go in,surprisingly its very good under neath,only needs a couple of outriggers to make mint then waxoyl.Can,t wait for santa pod next year!! beetle and tent no more!!! 8)
HPIM1298.jpg

HPIM1299.jpg
HPIM1297.jpg

HPIM1301.jpg

HPIM1302.jpg

HPIM1309.jpg

HPIM1311.jpg

HPIM1371.jpg

HPIM1372.jpg

HPIM1383.jpg

HPIM1385.jpg

HPIM1384.jpg

van5.jpg

van4.jpg

van3.jpg

SDC10177.jpg

welcome to EB :wink:

im glad you sorted the front panel out, call me bias but those late front panels are fugly! :lol:

The colour is a lot better in the flesh,beryl green,looks awesome, no the engine just had a full strip and plenty of cleaning with tons of new bits,and lots of patience!! haha

Good taste on the colour matey :wink:

Here's my Beryl Green 1970

04072008012.jpg

It changes colour in the Sun!

h9llw said:
Hi guys, thought it was time i posted some pics of my latest mission,i bought it early this year and paid £1500 for it.IT is lhd with early rear lights but has high fronts and disc brakes.(dunno whats goin on there)Anyway its on with being sorted,engine rebuilt,welding done on body,painted beryl green (looks yellow in pics,but is green),changed to low front lights!ha got a cali front beam which i,m lowerin,brm,s are ready to go on, and new interior to go in,surprisingly its very good under neath,only needs a couple of outriggers to make mint then waxoyl.Can,t wait for santa pod next year!! beetle and tent no more!!! 8)
SDC10177.jpg

I know this may be a daft question, whats the rectangular hole/channel in the body work for, located l/h side of the engine? Mine has the same channel, is it for the auxiliary heater?

Fantastic looking resto you got going on there!!

yeah i think its an eberspacher, glad you got the same, i thought it was just mine.

Latest posts