My 1972 Sea Sand and Pastel White Crossover

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EarlyBay Bill

Reaction score
Hi, thought it was about time I started a gallery thread of my own.

Have had my van about 18 months and most of the 'heavy lifting' had been done when I bought it. Wanted to run it for a year or so and make sure there were no obvious problems. It had 15 inch alloys from a Carlton 3000 with 50 profile tyres and had been lowered and the beam welded at the front. The rear had also been dropped but was not even side to side.

Recently had Matt Balls (Balls'd) fit adjusters to the front and adjustable spring plates to the rear. At the same time I went back to steels and whitewalls from Rackhams on here - virtually stock rolling circumference so the speedo is pretty accurate and gearing more relaxed. I thought it might need to be raised a fair bit to accommodate these but it was only an inch or so and no rubbing so far! :D However the drive is far more comfortable and I'm really pleased with the look, about 1 inch NDS.

I'm sure some will prefer the look of the alloys, but not me!

Before

After

Interior is ok but not kitted out as a camper so I'm considering my options about this at the moment.

Will keep this updated as I make any changes and gradually make it mine. :D

Just got to say that I'm loving this, very inspiring.

Lotus white or Neptune Blue?...decisions decisions, now look what you've done. :D

Latest posts