My 71 deluxe.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blake7even

Reaction score
In no order I'm going to upload a load of photos from my build.
I bought the bus as an import with a box hanging onto no engine, seized everything and all rubber parts dried to dust. Basically parts and metal bits were solid but it needed lots of work.
But this was the most rust free bus I've ever seen. A battery tray and two corner patches under the windscreen rubber. I replaced the whole section to be sure. I'll upload more as I find them. Next job dropped spindles, 4" narrowed beam and overiders.
560d9151-9df1-fbca.jpg

560d9151-9e13-ac29.jpg

560d9151-9e53-ffb5.jpg

560d9151-9e74-3006.jpg

This is my favourite colour(i'm presuming sierra yellow you can never be sure with photo's) and was thiinking about maybe doing mine like this next year. I love it fella i'm sure it'll be the dogs when its on the floor and over riders, its the stuff dreams are made of 8) 8) :mrgreen:

Yup sierra yellow from 71. Cheers I'll get some of the early pictures up, how it looked when it landed, and when it's down.

Nice looking bus dude, much better painted up to the roof too.

I got a 71 Sunroof Deluxe on the way over and cant wait :D

I'll get more current ones up post resto as well & the nice Westy interior. Also some of the hard graft photos. Did it all myself including prep. Just not the paint I left that to the pros. 100's of hours in this but I love it.

Looking forward to the pics 8) just one teaser after all that graft ain't enough :D

Also going ot be in a gutterline or beltline dilemna with ours if we decide to repaint it so will be good to see!

Geeze said:
Looking forward to the pics 8) just one teaser after all that graft ain't enough :D

Also going ot be in a gutterline or beltline dilemna with ours if we decide to repaint it so will be good to see!

Deffinately up to the gutter it looks so much better, mine is upto the belt line and when i get chance it will be up to the gutter :D

I might even go for the lesser seen factory option of black roof on sierra yellow MMMMMmmmmm 8)

With you on that one Jim, I fancy a gloss black roof as shiny as it can be. It looks right on certain colours.

Theres a small model type 2 you can buy that looks sierra yellow to the beltline, then blacl form there up inc the roof

Nugsy said:
With you on that one Jim, I fancy a gloss black roof as shiny as it can be. It looks right on certain colours.

Theres a small model type 2 you can buy that looks sierra yellow to the beltline, then blacl form there up inc the roof

Elm green up to the roof with gloss black roof........ 8) 8) 8) 8) :evil: :evil: :evil: .....love that idea i think its the bus that the devil himself would drive.

I dare you :lol:

Ok some photos from the 'nearly finished section' it's more done now so I'll get some more up then.

bcde640d-3c8e-9152.jpg

bcde640d-3c9e-70b4.jpg

bcde640d-3cb1-2f95.jpg

bcde640d-3cc4-6583.jpg

bcde640d-3cd8-0b04.jpg

bcde640d-3ce6-e85d.jpg

bcde640d-3cf9-5112.jpg

bcde640d-3d0b-989f.jpg

bcde640d-3d1d-e79c.jpg

I'll get more soon. Drip feeding the stream of photos keeps you keen! It'll be at bigbang in Vzi camping if you fancy a closer look/cold beer!

Ok some photos from the 'nearly finished section' it's more done now so I'll get some more up then.

bcde640d-3c8e-9152.jpg

bcde640d-3c9e-70b4.jpg

bcde640d-3cb1-2f95.jpg

bcde640d-3cc4-6583.jpg

bcde640d-3cd8-0b04.jpg

bcde640d-3ce6-e85d.jpg

bcde640d-3cf9-5112.jpg

bcde640d-3d0b-989f.jpg

bcde640d-3d1d-e79c.jpg

I'll get more soon. Drip feeding the stream of photos keeps you keen! It'll be at bigbang in Vzi camping if you fancy a closer look/cold beer!

Latest posts