My 72 Danbury

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been busying myself recently stripping back the lower half to bare metal. Wanted to get all the cheap nasty black paint off all the replacement panels and also check there was no other issues lurking anywhere on the remaining original metal that I wasn't aware of. Happily all was as expected, so far..... so have been recovering the bare steel with epoxy primer to re-protect it from the elements and in readiness as a base for the filling and sanding to begin shortly.

It's been quite nice just getting the panels in one consistent colour as when I look at the Bus now it looks and feels like I'm finally making some 'noticeable' progress :)

Some pics:

DSC01793.jpg

DSC01797-1.jpg

3photo.jpg

12photo.jpg

DSC01807.jpg

DSC01812.jpg

DSC01818.jpg

DSC01816.jpg

That looks very good now that the primer is on and you are having more solid colours that are similar ;)

Bet your getting excited now :mrgreen:

Hi All,

I'm still here.... just been lurking in the background for a while as I've had little progress of my own to update you all with...... I've been rather consumed with my now 6 month old son!

I have been doing bits on the bus here and there though, I bare metaled the front panel to check for any remaining hidden nasties and other than a few dings and dents all was good, I re-etch primed this and then stripped the bus of all it's remaining fixtures and fittings, such as the pop top, headlining and dash etc in readiness for it's trip to the bodyshop!!!

And as the following picture shows, earlier this week I rolled it out into the sunlight for the first time since I began this resto, popped it on the back of a tuck and sent it on it's way for prep and paint!!!!!!

2473E942-orig-1.jpg

It's going to be at the bodyshop for a couple months but I will try and keep you all posted with progress pics as and when I can get down there to get them.... very exciting!!

I'll be keeping the original all over colour of L50K Neptune Blue for the exterior and cab area, and the inside cargo area from the B Pillars backwards will be the original L275 Light Beige (satin).

Also... :?: QUESTION :?: , does anyone know the original colour name/code for the removable firewall that separates the engine bay and the fuel tank..... its a grey colour but I can't find any details anywhere of exactly what it is?

Be back soon!

Dan

Fantastic mate good to see its still progressing. Should be on the road about the same time as mine at the rate weve both been going. Have you Got an aim for when youd like it on the road?

Haveacamper said:
good to see its going to the paint shop - and to be painted neptune blue :)

Neptune Blue does indeed rule.... but then you and I would say that!
Your bus is looking awesome by the way! ;)

Camperdan said:
Hi Ande,

I'm aiming for next spring.... but will be happy if I can get it sorted by mid summer latest?

What about you?

any time in 2012 would be good. no rush. i am sure a shiney bus will inspire me.

Been hiding a while but..... its update time!

In primer:

65A0F69C-orig.jpg

C12B01D4-orig.jpg

71ACBCB0-orig.jpg

ABB7D787-orig.jpg

And the first of the glorious Neptune!!!

08979207-orig.jpg

Getting rather exited now..... it's been a long slog to get this far but to see the colour starting to go on is a real relief :D

Thanks for the comments guys..... I really can't wait to get behind the wheel again, it's been way too long!

Interior is next to be painted so I'll add pictures just as soon as I can get some.

Dan ;)

More colour going on!!!

Cargo area in the original and correct Satin L275 Light Beige:
CBB26DAE-orig.jpg

All masked up:
D85F8D06-orig.jpg

Cab painted:
3A820AD5-orig.jpg

Various parts:
91243C0B-orig.jpg

BA517F80-orig.jpg

8139E2BC-orig.jpg

Gonna have to pinch myself.... feels like I'm dreaming this? :D

Good to see it in colour finally rather than black and white ;)

Wont be long now till its all back together, cant wait to see it somewhere next year after following the resto for so long :D

Popped to the Bodyshop this morning and arrived just after this had happened:

54EFCCCC-orig.jpg

73F9877E-orig.jpg

Needless to say.... I'm one very happy chappy! :D :D :D

Paint is by Phil at Brickfield Autos, and I cant recommend him highly enough!

Dan

Latest posts