My 72 Danbury

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mini matt

Reaction score
Hey All

I just wanted to introduce myself and my chance find 72 Danbury. I found my bus by accident on a business trip in Spain. It was restored 17 years ago by its British owner and taken to Spain. It was used to travel 2 miles everyday otherwise it was sat under cover doing nothing. The previous owner gave me all of the resto photographs with the sale. I was made up and excited to get her home. As you can see she was very straight and looked like a great first Camper rolling project.

Hello and welcome from a fellow '72 Danbury owner!
She does indeed look nice and straight! 8)
Interesting looking Danbury badge there. It looks as if it is brass? Very posh for a Danbury if it is! :mrgreen:

Doug

Thank you for the comments. Where abouts in Hampshire Doug? We are on the Isle of Wight.

The bus has moved along alittle since these first pics. First job was to sort the wheels and get her down to earth on a set of transporter haus drop spindles. You can also see how dull the paint was after being sat in the sun but with a bit of elbow grease she has come up well.

I decided to keep the standard wheels but went with with white and ditched the commercial tyres. I love the standard wheel look.

You've put in some good work there Matt. She's come up fab! :D
Mine is a bit of a patchwork of original and more recent paint, and definitely a 'patina' bus. The blue on mine is quite flat, though in places even that does still give a little bit of a shine!
It's 100% original inside and showing its age, but still quite usable.
Danburys are 'in the blood' so to speak, with my parents having had one from new, which was very much the 'twin' to the one I currently own, in that they were the same colour, same year and both tin-tops! :)

I'm not a million miles away from you. I'm on the Waterside, so I can almost see the Red Funnel ferries plying to and fro from my house!

Doug

Thank you Doug. She is getting there. I thought that with mine being sat in Spain for 16 years that I would have had a patina bus, but it came up well, it does now mean I have to keep it clean. Unfortunately on mine somebody has played with the interior and constructed a sink unit and cooker unit they look old but arnt original. Its a shame really as I know there isnt many fully original ones left. You should defiantly not change it :)

OK so the only piece of real rot I could find on this bus was the right corner so I had this sorted and well chuffed with the outcome.

Latest posts