my '72 roof

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sian75

Reaction score
Hi!! can anybody help me!? i have a 72 crossover, which i love!! :lol: i have just had the bodywork restored, but i have a real headache trying to sort my roof out! the guy who "fixed" the old roof, has made it worse, :evil: I bought a devon roof CAP from just kampers and he has used this as the roof!! :roll: what can i do? i think i now need a whole new roof? :cry: am i wrong, please say I am! also is there anybody in kent who could fit my engine, also get it running? I think that's it for now!!!! :wink:
many thanks
:oops:

Did the bloke have spurs on his heels??. I the pop top is that far gone i'd keep an eye open for a used replacement from bus breaker/ebay, they do come up now and again. As for the engine is there a local vdub club who could advise assist in fitting the engine with you?? All you need is a trolley jack and a bit of bad language and you should be ok. Hang in there it will be worth it!!! 8)

hey thanks for getting back so quick!! im in sittingbourne, im being blonde i know but how do i post my pics?!! :oops:

i think he must have had huge boots for those spurs!!! thanks for your advice on the roof!! :x

wicked idea about the rag top!! :p

ok h
DSC00051.jpg
ere g
100_2201.jpg
oes!! am trying to put
Picture240.jpg
phots on!! :roll:

The JK cap does require the OG devon elevating roof cap but it will cover the elevating roof part of the devon roof as long as its solid.

Is the skirt damaged? if so you could easily get it fixed. Be aware that you need uprated roof hinge springs to hold the weight of the new cap. The cap will also add a little bit of height to the roof.

you can buy bits for the roof from here... http://www.campershop.co.uk/devon-bw68.htm

welcome to EB

thanks for the link, :lol: problem is the guy who repaired the roof hasn't given me the inside parts back, all i have is a fibreglass 'cap'!! :cry:

Soz for your situation - won't the cowboy give you the bits back?

Oh and welcome 8)

i havent gone there since! :twisted: think im gona have to bite my tounge and go and have a look!! think it will be ruined, probably been out in the rain! :cry:

sian75 said:
thanks for the link, :lol: problem is the guy who repaired the roof hasn't given me the inside parts back, all i have is a fibreglass 'cap'!! :cry:

OUCH... those bits are damn hard to come buy. you'll usually only get them with a full roof.

I would get some friends to go round and persuade him to give them back... :evil:

I've got a full devon roof which I took off the van when I put the rag top in which is cluttering up my garden :roll: It has brand new rubbers on it although the top centre section is out at the moment but is easily put back together with a bit of time :D
I need to get rid of it really so if you want it PM me and we'll come to some arrangement :wink:

Latest posts