My camper on AutoCAD

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haveacamper

Reaction score
Well i've asked around for a while, and have heard of other people asking since i've been in the camper scene, so thought i'd have a go at modelling a camper on computer.

the reason... i could possibly go as far as modelling an interior and with some work (probably lots) replicate certain paint codes to see how they would look without spending thousands on a paint job.

well enough chat, here's my progress....................who says our campers arnt aerodynamic and box like :lol:

let me know what you think?!

Not bad..... :D

who says our campers arnt aerodynamic and box like

when they were prototyping the type 2 after mr Pons original interest it proved more aerodynamic than the bug in the wind tunnel.

ye i heard aboout the camper being actually quite aerodynamic. having said that, when i drive mine in the rain i can be doing 50-60mph and water manages to fall from the guttering area by the drivers door FORWARD. not sure how?!?! :?: I'm pretty sure i'm going forward and not in reverse. heehe

here's a little more progress i did this morning

getting somewhere

looks cool mate i've got a sketch up model of a bay i'm pretty sure you could import that into CAD!

Dave

It would be great if experiments like this could be turned into a 3D bus selecta thing.
Most new car sites have a 'configure your car' option. It would be ace to configure your bus :D

thats what i'm eventually thinking of rob. its annoying that you can only get a side view of your vw on busselecta so hoping that i can do something on this. however it would mean having to build up a catelog of colours to render the final image properly.

I'm hoping my new best friend from Long Beach may be able to help me :) :)

NaFe

Latest posts