My new 69 crewcab.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee C

Reaction score
Can't believe I'm starting another resto thread :lol: :sad0049:

Anyways, I sold my 71 poptop as I just didn't like it!!!
And bought this!!!!!!!
I like it!!!! :party0009: :bliss:

Bairn likes it toooooo!!!!! :party0006: :rocknroll: :party0049: :

It is a 1969 crewcab which I've bought from Radconsmoot on here, I can recommend him if you're buying a bus , very honest!!!!
As you can tell by the sign writing it was a parts/ garage hack for Mezzetti Volkswagen , apparently from 69 till the garage closed in about 1986, then I beli it went to a joiner, that used it for work, then a vee dub guy in Oregan bought it as the original 1600 single port packed in!
He fitted a 1600 two port it has today.
Conrad swapped him 3 buses to get his hands on it, then I swapp him $$$$ to get my hands on it!!!!!
So far I've drove it off the truck & up & down the street a few times then locked the garage up for Crimbo.
Plan is , next year, to get the welding sorted, cab floor, both sills & bit on the load bed ( so far) do my signiture paint blendy clear coat thing, then register it & use it!!!
Long term plans are, new tilt & bows for the back, towbar & retro caravan, lower it (?) one day , maybe???
Stay tuned for the next 20 pages!!! :lol:

i love this thing considered selling my Panel van to buy it :msn4:

I saw that too and thought what a cool DC it is. Congratulations

You'll need to buy this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fremont-Mez...late-Tag-Frame-Chrome-Metal-Old-/361413529145

s-l500.jpg

Cool photos, they are on The Samba too.
In the DC's thread on there the (then) owner mentions Mezzetti also had a red single too as a shop truck - I can't quite work it out, but is that a single on the right hand side of the first photo?

I bet there will be some period photos of your DC somewhere. Would be cool to find them

Hehe true, well mines been yellow, red, yellow again and now blue :eek:

Will have to pop over and see it in the flesh sometime looks v cool!

This looks amazing! Always said I wouldn't have a double cab but something like this would sway me - the sign writing is absolutely killer.

Also - I might have to bend your ear about paint work as mine is basically the same as your old sierra yellow one and may need some of the same treatment! (It also came from the same place!)

Myvanway said:
Perfect as is, Good new year to you Lee. 8)

Cheers bud, it's skinted me getting it, so progress might be a bit slow like !!! :lol:
But hopefully it'll be sorted next year!!! ;)

Latest posts