My new 69 crewcab.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aircooler said:
Good job Lee! Did your bus still need a lot of welding?
Best regards
Reto

Hi Reeto, yeah this truck needs a lot more welding than I thought, but that's the risk you take when buying blind !!!!!!!!!
At least it's never been welded before, so I'm not dealing with other people's shoddy repairs, these shoddy repairs are all my own work!!!! :lol:

Lee C said:
This is what I ended up with!!!!!

If you get the chance at any time could you measure the distance the hole for the underside of the tank is from the firewall to its centre line and from the passenger side wheel tub to the centre line. Thanks Nick

I'm in a huff with the bus still!!!!!!!!!
When I get back on it I'll send you a pic with measurements on , ok?

Hi Lee, have been watching your thread since day one as I bought mine about the same time thought I'll watch and learn and I've watched and learned not to even try that🤓 Have to say your doing a great job can I ask where your buying your floor panels from as mines gone under the tank as well going to get my son in law to do the welding but not going to show him this

Mr Bean said:
Hi Lee, have been watching your thread since day one as I bought mine about the same time thought I'll watch and learn and I've watched and learned not to even try that🤓 Have to say your doing a great job can I ask where your buying your floor panels from as mines gone under the tank as well going to get my son in law to do the welding but not going to show him this

all seem to go under tank! :roll:

hogseye said:
Lee C said:
Possibly a geordie term???? It means pissed off with someone/ something!!!!!!
oh, down here a huff is something my wife gets in with me when i dont get home on time lol

It means that up here as well lol, LeeC just shows its used for a few things round Geordieland.

Like if your wife was in the huff with you being late and you told her you'd 'been working hard'

She'd probably reply 'haddaway an sh1te!', meaning your a lying b4st4rd :D

Webbaldo said:
hogseye said:
Lee C said:
Possibly a geordie term???? It means pissed off with someone/ something!!!!!!
oh, down here a huff is something my wife gets in with me when i dont get home on time lol

It means that up here as well lol, LeeC just shows its used for a few things round Geordieland.

Like if your wife was in the huff with you being late and you told her you'd 'been working hard'

She'd probably reply 'haddaway an sh1te!', meaning your a lying b4st4rd :D

:lol:

Lee C said:
Same shit different year!!!

I've welded as far as I can reach !!!!!
I'll have to take the gas bottle off the welder, then lift the welder into the truck with me to do the rest !!! :roll:

How do the tank supports work strap wise? Are they just a channel or do they curve up st ends? My truck has gone in same places but my tank supports are non exsistant

Latest posts