My new and first van

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MAYO1608

Reaction score
I've wanted a VW Camper van for about ten years , Ive always liked Splitscreen's and earlybay's and have been looking seriously for the last year. I came across my van on volksworld and knew straight away that this was 'the' van Went to look at the van and was pleased with what I found. The van is a 1971 Cal import completely standard with no welding and has a recent respray over og paint to a reasonable standard.

The previous owner had not long come back from travelling around Europe so the engine runs really well. When I actually picked the camper up I took him to my local VW expert (VW Classics in Bardney Lincolnshire) He checked the van over for me and said it was a good un with no welding req'd .

Looking forward to going to a lot of shows this year with my Brother in his 68 tintop.Starting with volksfest.
Image046.jpg

200 miles of dirt
Image045.jpg

Mario_0171.jpg

Mario_0091.jpg

Mario_0231.jpg

I don't really know what i'm gonna do yet, due to the van being so original I should keep it stock but I do like the look off a mildly lowered van on gas burner wheels. Either way I'm getting married within the next 12 months so gonna run as is for this year .

Welcome and a very nice straight van. 8)

As far as lowering goes the beauty of these vans is that you can easily put them back to stock after :wink:

Sittingonthedockofthe BAY said:
Hi love the van,the first and only thing you need to do is change the number plate to a black 1 imho think thats ok to do ?? injoy.

On order already mate.

Just found your thread, looks to be a really nice van you got there. Any more updates, i'm hungry for new pictures! :lol:

Nice van, I'll keep an eye out for it in Lincoln :) I've been hearing some good things about the garage in Bardney, keep meaning to get down and have a look round there.

Latest posts