My new Bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lcfmonkey

Reaction score
Here's my new purchase! Plenty to keep me busy over the winter.
camper2.jpg

camper1.jpg

The previous owner also threw in a rack which was nice of him!

rack1.jpg

But it didn't come with any brackets, does anyone know what they might look like and where I might be able to pick some up?

Here're the feet:

rack2.jpg

Smashing bus dude :mrgreen: As far as the roof rack goes, most that I`ve seen have a bent peice of metal that hooks over to the underside of the gutters with a bolt welded to it, on the upright of the rack is a small piece of pipe welded so the bolt can pass through this and a couple of washers and a nut and you`re away (one on each leg). But this rack that you have dosen`t seem to have any fittings like that at all ? :? Easy enough to knock up though, maybe this rack has a more cunning and ingenious fixing system :shock: and I`m sure someone on here will have a similiar one ;) So Hello and welcome, that bus don`t look like it needs too much work on it apart from a gentle tap maybe :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, Or,,,,, smack the fu** out of it with the lowering wand :lol: ;) :lol:

Will post some interior pics when it comes back from Wolfsburg Wizard, the previous owner had an odd approach to engine maintenance, as in he didn't do any, ever!! Should be running fine very soon.

The Danbury interior is pretty complete and the cushions are in great condition (assuming they're originals!) There are some odd bits of wood that I can't quite figure out where they go. I'd like to restore the furniture and have been looking for plans online, can't find any so any help would be gratefully received.

Very glad to be back in the fold, everyone seems very friendly and helpful! :D :D

lcfmonkey said:
There are some odd bits of wood that I can't quite figure out where they go.
:lol: That confirms an original Danbury interior then!

Are either of the two pics below of any help? The first is how the boards configure to make up two single beds, and the second of how the double bed is made up (utilizing the table).

Not meaning to hijack your thread with my pics, but I hope they are of use.
Alternatively, when you get the bus back, pop up pics of the boards, and I'll try and identify them for you. :)

Pic721Making2singles.jpg

Pic709Makingdoublebed-1.jpg

Doug

Perfect Doug that's exactly what I need! Put a pint on my bill, actually I'd better open up a tab as I think I'll have many more questions for you in the near future!!! :D

lcfmonkey said:
Perfect Doug that's exactly what I need! Put a pint on my bill, actually I'd better open up a tab as I think I'll have many more questions for you in the near future!!! :D

:D There's a big expensive steak I've spotted on the menu, if you can run to that too? :mrgreen:

Very happy to help you. Fire away any time you wish! :)

Sorry to high-jack but those pics just helped me out too!
Always good to confirm the layout when piecing interiors together!! Thanks!!!

Just need to get the upholstery sorted and find the bit that attaches the table to the bus! Nearly there!

Will

nice bus.

moved to the gallery. we generally keep picture threads/restos in hit section.

Bus looks in pretty good shape. Are you planning a quick tidy up or is, ( as is generally the case,) there more than meets the eye.
Can't beat a Savannah Beige IMO ;) Good luck with whatever you decide.

It's just back from the mechanic and will need some pennies spent underneath to make it a happy camper (no surprises there then!) First task is to dismantle the Danbury interior and give it a refurbish. Will post some pics this weekend!

Cheers for the pics bananacustard!

When Karl asked what my plans were for my Bay I pointed to yours and said "I want it to look like that" (I was even on my knees checking out your underside!) :lol:

Latest posts