My OG Montana red sun roof deluxe 1968 bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
null_zps150ba6ad.png

Me and the mrs taking the old gal for a spin today

A60DC655-1053-456F-A427-3750A335C2F3-2224-000001C7F6B33A30_zps69e229d5.mp4

Me and my good pal picking her up! First drive (excited much sorry about my girls laugh )

aogrady said:
ratty1959 said:
null_zps150ba6ad.png

Me and the mrs taking the old gal for a spin today

Me and my good pal picking her up! First drive (excited much sorry about my girls laugh )

Lovely bus!! And a fine looking 'tash and Xmas jumper! ;)

Cheers,

Alistair

Ha ha ha ha cheers dude! Movember went crazy and I was cold! :)

No more pictures as yet as I cant stop driving her and hearing the twin 40s grace my ears with that amazing note! I did start to look at the sun roof at the weekend and needless to say made it worse! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: the plastic guards that hold the cables in place are very brittle and need replacing! so just in the process of collecting a few bits for the job, I have new felt too! also the window mechanism broke Sunday so I am replacing that this weekend! all in all a crap weekend for bus progress! but who cares when it looks and sounds that good... :lol: :lol:

Aaahh, when we were chatting about sunroofs I didn't realise it was Pete's old bus, I tried to buy this before he did but he beat me to it :lol:

Still looking cool as ever, hopefully see you in the new year :D

Graham L said:
Aaahh, when we were chatting about sunroofs I didn't realise it was Pete's old bus, I tried to buy this before he did but he beat me to it :lol:

Still looking cool as ever, hopefully see you in the new year :D

ha ha ha thanks mate, Ive also found this...... http://www.eisparts.com/241877300/Sun+Roof+Plastic+Guides%2CBus+%2768-%2777%2C+3+Pc.+Kit.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Should be good!! 8)

Looks good but theres another bit that should go over the cog wheel assembly unless you have that bit?

Graham L said:
Looks good but theres another bit that should go over the cog wheel assembly unless you have that bit?

Yeah I did think it was a 4 piece set! think mines ok, will have to check at the weekend! just really dont want to open it again.. :(

Hi ya'll

Have not posted on here for a while as we have just been enjoying the bus, we used it for our wedding last Easter, then honey moon in Cornwall bus never misses a beat! engine is just awesome.

Then a few of us drove to spa last summer again it was amazing, trying to keep up with a 2276 turbo split, needless to say we didn't just drive slow all the way there and back without one issue!

I have managed a few bits and bobs, westy gear is back in now, sunroof is sorted (sort of) set of louvre windows installed and working.

And i finally got around to removing the massive chunk of filler down the driver side! was crapping myself at what i would find under there but lucky it was just more dents and solid OG German metal! looks a lot better, had some Montana mixed up and just needs ageing now!

Latest posts