MyVanWay California Westfalia tintop....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mister said:
Just read through your thread, you have a really lovely westy there mate! good work.

my sink/coolbox comes out for the summer, like many, prefer the space for camping, the long term plan is to put a proper fridge in it....maybe one day... :D

Thankyou.
yep theres quite a lot of space when you remove it , but its only a temp/camping thing!!
Ill keep you updated with what I can wangle up at work!! :D

Paul.

P.s your vans darn sweet too. 8) :D

Repumbing tomoz!! :?
Just gotta rememba how it goes back together!! :shock:

SNV80994.jpg

SNV80992.jpg

Just need a new elbow.....Cant remember where I put the other one! :oops:

70westymanpage5-1.jpg

Need both of these!!! :roll:

page25westy-1.jpg

Been thinking!! :idea:

I want to keep my sink/cooler unit but I need it to be more......working!!
Need to keep my milk, eggs and bacon kept fresh!!
So I have been playing with the idea of having the best of both!!

It fits in the gap with ease, I would box it in and reverse the door i think.
IMG_0323.jpg

But then I had another idea!!
I have a realy small one I use for work, Its just big enough for me sarnies & drink.....and cake!! :roll:
I could remove the cooler/heater fan and gubbins and make it work with the standard cooler with out too much hassle.....Cant I ????

IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

Has anyone done this? Or can it be done do you think??

Here you go we have had this disscusion a few times before. :D You'll need a proper fridge sorry to say if you want cold Beer. ;)

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=37469&hilit=fridge" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

terrier man said:
Here you go we have had this disscusion a few times before. :D You'll need a proper fridge sorry to say if you want cold Beer. ;)

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=37469&hilit=fridge" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mmm... cheers Brett. 8) :)

That would be far too easy!!! I like making myself more work.....Keeps me in the shed out the way of the 'Dragon'!!! :evil: :lol:

Did I just say that!!!!!! :shock:
I ment 'my soul partner'!! :roll: :lol:

Hi,

I have a old cooler box which i may dismantle, and a spare westy cooler box, you could marry them together, but a proper compressor fridge in place of the cool box would be the best option. I intend to remove my water tank as i am fitting a gas hob and grill on top instead of the3 westy sink, so plenty of room for airflow etc.

Maybe a Waeco CR50 or 65 would do, i need to measure up but reluctant to spend 400-500 on a fridge, but would be very happy with a decent fridge. It may be a nice mod which will work better than ice packs or the like, but no comparison to a proper compressor fridge, much more efficient.

If i mod the original cooler, without the tank there would be enough room for the fan and cooler insides around the back - though they do use a lot of electric to run, do your sums and work out how long the leisure battery will last if not on a hook up. Some fan noise too, would it be too loud at night when sleeping? Though quieter than the propex it have to be honest.

Cheers!

Alistair

Unsure if this is Original!!!??? :|
IMG_0318.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

Lovin the retro patten though! :)

Been looking through my magic kitchen kit for a good matching wax stick to touch up a few marks & Screw holes :evil: on the units.

IMG_0314.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

think ill mix these two?

IMG_0316.jpg

Looking good matey...!!! Love the bumpers..!! 8) Keep up the good work..!! :D

Gwar72 said:
Looking good matey...!!! Love the bumpers..!! 8) Keep up the good work..!! :D

Thank you for your encouraging comment.
There not that great close up!! :cry:
But I worry less coz of it!!
Proberbly a good thing I guess!! :|

Thanks again.
Paul.

Fitted my leisure battery today. :D

IMG_0376.jpg

Sat it on some cork.

IMG_0374.jpg

Made the bracket from a piece of angle iron.

IMG_0377.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg

SNV81009.jpg

Purchased off ebay!! :D

IMG_0383.jpg

Just need to spray up the bracket and wire up the OG split charger, (It works...I tested it!! ;) )

Then a quick wash... with a bucket!!!! :?
And out for a spin, givin it some round the country roads to make sure the battery didnt budge...

SNV81003.jpg

SNV81002.jpg

SNV80997.jpg

Next thing, a firetec system and a crook lock off ebay!! For a bit more piece of mind! :|

Been rummaging through my 'mancave' and found these!! so Fitting these this weekend as mine are a bit tired.
Brought these last year at Vanfest. Genuine Hella & mint. :D

IMG_0312-1.jpg

IMG_0311-1.jpg

Then a good spring clean in the 'Mancave'!!! :shock:
And find some bits to sell on ebay to fund other stuff i want to do.....

IMG_0321.jpg

Sprayed the battery clamp today, replaced front indicators, put another fire extingisher in the back of van!!
gave her a good run round the countryside. 8) .....Then it pi$$ed it down so gave it a quick clean ready for 'The Big Bang'. next weekend!! :D

Hope to see a few of you guys up there?!? :D

IMG_0436.jpg

Put it here. one in the front one in the back, just need my Firetec now. :)

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0442.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_0445.jpg

Some more of bit from the van. :)

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0439.jpg

IMG_0440.jpg

Soon to be goin in!!! :D

IMG_5837.jpg

IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_5839.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_5827.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Video clip's of sunday countryside run!. 8)

Love it. :D

I will be at Big Bang this weekend with two guys from 'T2 Ginterior' they have given me a prototype 'Walkthrough BuddyBox' to try out in my van!! They look the nuts too!! 8)

Come check it out next weekend!!. :D

IMG_0393.jpg

:D

terrier man said:
Looking good Paul 8) enjoyed the video. :D

Cheer Brett, dont care that it only duz 60 fat out....just means we have longer to take in the scenery!! :lol:

Hope to see you & your 'EB' at a show this year. Would be nice to take her back to her old home as we all loved it in Bristol. 8)

Cheers.
Paul.

Latest posts