Need your help

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chicken33

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, but i pop in viewing the gallery. I'm the proud owner of a 1972-73 Danbury cross over bay. In about 5 months I'm to be married and what better wedding car than the van!

my wife to be loves all things VW, she had no choice really!! anyway, its being restored at the moment. Very soon it will need spraying, the thing is I cant get a paint code for a van. I keep seeing at the shows, its the 'Poole bay hooker'. We both love the colour, but cannot find any information on the paint code! its stressing me out. I've been though loads of photos on thesamba.com. Magazines, emailing editiors of mags trying to match or find out the colour with the photo below - I believe its L513 sea green. Dont quote me on that!

20131_343477021807_558856807_491622.jpg

I'm putting the question out to you guys maybe you can shed some light on this, I'm running out of options.

I hope you can help

thanks

chicken :)

Have you tried posting on thelatebay.com

That guy is probably a member? he might be able to help you out!

Hello Chicken, and welcome to Early Bay. Nice to have another '72 Danbury on here! :D

I 'googled' Poole Bay Hooker and expected a flood of rude websites in the Dorest area :lol: , but came upon the thread below, from the VZi forum, which includes the phone number of the company that sprayed the van and also that of a former owner.

http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=496463&page=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope this helps. :D

Doug

thanks all,

I googled 'poole bay hooker' i wont tell you what i saw :shock: i did see the VZI so will try the numbers. After that, if that doesnt help its get a tester done then spray and pray. I'll also have a look at the 'latebay' forum. Never though for a second there would be another forum called that. ddeeeerrrr.

If anyone can shed anymore on the paint code do da, i'll be forever gratefull.

have a good week everyone.
:p

chicken

UPDATE :

It was hard work, but I managed to find what i was looking for. The van and the wedding went off with no problems! just got back from Vanfest with lots of shiny things. Just need my new father in law to make some sexy cupboards and she'll be done! and maybe get the rake sorted so she's more level. Anyway, he's some pics.

wedding.jpg

001.jpg

so all the rocking back an forth its worth it in the end. I was more nervous about getting the van done than getting wed!! it had no MOT til 4pm the day before and I was sticking the interior back in the night before the wedding. no stress then!

cheers

stuart

Nice bus and nice colour

The girl in the back ground in the red dress appears to be getting some what of a telling off by the girl in the dress whihc is the similar colour to the bus lol

Very nice bus (and colour) and you and the wife look very happy - hope the actual wedding went OK ;)

cheers all,

we had an awesome day and the van got loads of attention as everyone knew it was gonna be close getting it done. The colour of the van was the colour scheme for the wedding.

The finger waggle girl is my daughter who was a bridesmaid (dresses were made to match the van) looks like she's having words with her older sister. "now, dont drink too much'...wag wag wag :D

the colour? a close copy to the poole bay hooker, it was mixed. The paint that has no name...so i'm stuffed if i need to get it again!

now thinking of getting T2D to lower her abit. its already lowered (1 turn on the back? sorry still got alot to learn) larger tyre on the back (185x103x15 i think) and 185x85x15 on the front. but, starting to enter the world of tyres. which i know is a mine field. ANyway... all i know is I'd like to reduce the rake abit and get it a few inches lower. :mrgreen: as i know very little about the rights and wrongs. thought the guys at T2D would know exactly want was needed and there just up the road.

Looks good Stuart - I only really saw the front end on Sunday , Welcome to earlybay 8)

Latest posts