NellyBus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loxy and i reckonised your bus and he found a previous thread when you went by a different name :) they looked like they may have been differnt arms in your resto thread by your last username.

very nice setup. would love to know the details of the whole braking system if you dont mind. struggling to chose a brake setup to match my wheels. they are the same as yours but i will be trying to fit 8.5 wide to the rear end of mine. not sure whether i'll manage it but will try. may need some modifying of the hub but i will wait and see.

looks good mate

NaFe

Nelly said:
Thanks for that Loxy,
The twist's are 7's all round,
I have been a member on her for a while as Nellybus, but changed job/computer,Forgot password etc,etc... :?
So had to re register.
Brakes are(front's) porsche boxster 3.2 s front's and (rear's) 190 merc fronts with astra caliper's.

PM me if you want your password reset to whatever...

is this the same custom bus that the the fitters fcuked the roof up on?

its looking tight so far 8)

I love the blue theme, bus bike and daily!

Nice to see it's moving fwd mate, I remember the roof incident too! How's the engine coming along ? has Jon sorted out your electrics? :)

This is the same bus as trimmers F##ked the roof up on :x !
Haveacamper, I can't see you getting 8.5's on the back there just isn't room unless you flare the arch but then the sliding door wont open.
Spent yesterday getting wiring done so now all the lights and wipers work, Still having prob's with fuel pump relay but Jon is sending one down next week. I have had it running though and it sound's like a beast, but now i've gone and ordered some RSR stainless manifolds from states and sold the heat exchahgers as the couldn't be used to heat the bus any way bit of a space problem in engine bay.
I'll put a few pic's up you guy's haven't seen so you'll see why it's taken so long. :roll:
0017.jpg

0018.jpg

0021.jpg

0026.jpg

0031.jpg

0004.jpg

0002.jpg

0005.jpg

0006.jpg

0003.jpg

Thats what happens when you media blast old buses!!
And one of the back end yesterday :D
Picture010.jpg

Looks awesome progress there mate. some real serious stuff you've carried out. would really appreciate more pics of refitting the floor and how you went upgrading the dash. i think i had a sneaky peak through the back window and spyed porsche dials?

NaFe

Rear brake conversion done and working :lol:
30072008063.jpg

30072008064.jpg

30072008068.jpg

New 911 RSR headers and bike cans fitted :lol:
30072008066.jpg

30072008067.jpg

Got to really get my finger out now mot next week :?

Lovely job Neil 8) ,

what cable did you use for the handbrake, (so ill have for future use). I got all the parts together but wont be fitting till ive done most of the metal work. looks good in red paint too :wink:

the bike cans must sounds rude! you should stick something on youtube! :twisted:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I want one looks wicked :mrgreen:

Remember seeing this awhile back over the net. Always wounderd how it was getting on.

Looks even better now its out of the garage.

fantastic mate. i would have loved to have gone down the porsche route with my van but i bottled it. can wait to see this at a show. do you think you will get it on the road to make a show this year

I am going to vanfest this year but haven't entered any of the show's it'll just be in the camping area.

Latest posts