• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

New Boy - just started looking for a Bay.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bermuda blue

Reaction score
Reluctantly selling my pristine '66 Karmann Ghia , now just too small for me/ the wife and grandchildren - need a (Tax Exempt) Bay.
Just to complicate matters it has to be RHD (for the wife to drive too :? ).
Every one I see advertized is top of Scotland /West of Wales or tip of Cornwall - really want something to view within 2 odd hour drive. In no rush , ready for next season is my target, I live in Rayleigh, Essex.

Nice Forum, Cheers - JIM.

Hi mate welcome to the site I am near you in Suffolk . This site rocks dude ask lots of questions and you will get answers , As for your search contact Scott Wilson on here if the bus has to be RHD as he imports lots of nice buses from South Africa so they are mostly rust free -- Bonus . 8)

Thank's for the welcome and the site link's too.
Obviously a bit bemused by the variance in prices,
but now seeing a pattern after 2 week's of looking :shock: .
No rush, there is one with my name on it out there.

Cheers -JIM.

Hi Jim,

We are at Noak Bridge, 5 minutes from you guys and our van is advertised under 'Bertie Bus' 1972 RHD in the Vans for Sale and Wanted section and also under the Reference Section ~ Featured vans. Full contact details are shown.

Kind Regards, Melody

Melody - many thank's (looks luvly) ,I had spotted it when trolling through,
but discounted as it is way over budget for me I'm afraid...........
Best of Luck - JIM.

We have been looking for just two week's and are now completely bewildered, so (as we are not in a rush) we thought "define what you want and stick to it" - till one comes along :shock: :-

Tax Exempt
RHD
Pop-Top
2 (R&R)berth + 2 child berth's
Stock height/wheel's

end of :oops: - JIM.

Gutted - thought I had one with " some minor jobs to do" but they did'nt want to do them, so not minor then????? :msn4: .

Start again then - Tax Exempt
RHD
2 + 2 (kids) Berth
Don't particularly need Fridge/Cooker rig.

Cheers - JIM.

Yep, fair point - but once you state a number that is what they want whatever 'condition' it is in :? - but maybe when I have judged the market
a bit more (I am a newbie). For example on here Bertie at £16.5K no way.

I've just put mine up in the for sale forum. Looking for £6.5k ish. Pretty much meets your spec other than that it doesn't have the two bunks in the poptop.
Rich

Thank's for giving me the nod , I'm actually viewing one on Thursday -so
don't want to set the hare running, but if it does'nt work out I'll come back to you.........Cheers -JIM.

Curtesy reply to Richlowndes -
Viewed another today - disappointed , back to the drawing board.
Just read yours again and this time noticed it is lowered - so not for me,
sorry -best of luck.....JIM.

It is lowered, but on adjusters so can be put back to normal height in minutes!
Anyway, no problem- I think it's sold anyway- the guy is picking up tomorrow.
Richard

Just had another wasted 320 mile round trip.
Van looked good on the pictures, owner sent me extra pics
and answered my questions. Got there and it was so full of filler
the van probably weighed twice it should.
Poptop was supposed to be free from leaks yet I could fit
my hand through the holes.

So the search goes on for a rhd poptop

Was'nt a trip to Pembrokeshire was it ?, I decided against that journey :msn4: . Looking at another on Monday ,closer to home this time :D ...keep on looking.........JIM.

No it was up in the midlands. I was trying to view several yesterday but 2 of the sellers didn't even bother to reply to my emails/voicemails/texts even though they had said they were happy for me to view on saturday on original contact with them in the week and i see they are still for sale.

Missed out on one on Friday and yesterday got an email telling me the one I was going to see on Monday has been sold :(

Back to scouring the web for more ...

Looks like i'm sorted now with a nice 71 westy :D, thanks to SH, will post pic's in due course.

Good luck in your search Jim, i'm sure you will find what you are after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts