• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

New Boy - just started looking for a Bay.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CONGRAT'S mate - lets have some detail's (Pop-Top/Tin-Lid/Colours etc),
and a pic if you can figure how to get it on here - pleased for you 8) .

Meanwhile I was hoping for a phone call tonight , setting a time to view one tomorrow ...............nothing yet :?

Regards - JIM.
PS: Took a large deposit on my Ghia yesterday ...sob,sob..........

bermuda blue said:
CONGRAT'S mate - lets have some detail's (Pop-Top/Tin-Lid/Colours etc),
and a pic if you can figure how to get it on here - pleased for you 8) .

Meanwhile I was hoping for a phone call tonight , setting a time to view one tomorrow ...............nothing yet :?

Regards - JIM.
PS: Took a large deposit on my Ghia yesterday ...sob,sob..........

71 westy poptop, cali import, soild as a rock, new engine & gearbox, new window seals, poptop canvas, loys new actually, original interior, will post picks next weekend as we will hopefully have her by then.

:mrgreen: Nice one mate , and I've just had my phone call, so viewing tomorrow (fingers crossed) - just 3 miles from where I live (too good to be true :?: ).
Enjoy ..............JIM.

OH MY GOD.............. just 3 miles from home and I think I have found my Bay, viewed this evening :-

1971 :)
RHD :D
One owner from new (all the paperwork present :shock: )
Pop-Top (2 + 2 Danbury Conversion) 8)
Sierra Yellow over White :roll:
MOT July 2nd >
Spare Wheel Brand new
Started on the key -no foot required
Downside - I don't like the Chintz Curtains & Floral Lino ;) ,
seriously though side window rubbers/rear door/engine bay door rubber's
are dried out/cracked , steel wheels need prepping/painting , one or two
tiny rust bubbles on the o/s of gutter's - maybe a new Pop-Top seal but otherwise I can't believe it at 38 years old (no welding -nuffink).

Well happy..........JIM.

So excited -I did'nt take my camera , but going back tomorrow to conclude-
so will take camera and endevour to put on here (IT dunce me.... :? )...JIM.

PS: Small white plastic VW front badge >will become a big chrome one :D

bermuda blue said:
OH MY GOD.............. just 3 miles from home and I think I have found my Bay, viewed this evening :-

1971 :)
RHD :D
One owner from new (all the paperwork present :shock: )
Pop-Top (2 + 2 Danbury Conversion) 8)
Sierra Yellow over White :roll:
MOT July 2nd >
Spare Wheel Brand new
Started on the key -no foot required
Downside - I don't like the Chintz Curtains & Floral Lino ;) ,
seriously though side window rubbers/rear door/engine bay door rubber's
are dried out/cracked , steel wheels need prepping/painting , one or two
tiny rust bubbles on the o/s of gutter's - maybe a new Pop-Top seal but otherwise I can't believe it at 38 years old (no welding -nuffink).

Well happy..........JIM.

Thats good news Jim :D

I've just spent the last 2 hours trying to work out where the hell i would put all my stuff thats in the garage at the moment to try and fit my new aquisition in and i've come to the conclusion that at the moment its going to have to stand on the drive under a cover, then will hopefully downsize and be ruthless and chuck some stuff away :roll: so we can get it in there for the winter, (anyone want to buy a cooker and dishwasher :? )

Try a Boot Sale (just tell the wife - they love 'em), that should thin it out
a bit , and those assemble yourself plastic garden storage cupboards chests
if you have a back sideway to the house -lose it in them .Get your new priorities sorted mate.......... :lol: Cheers -JIM.

Well done boys. Been following your quest and you both seem to have approached it the right way.

Welcome also Jim to the way of the Danbury, an underated conversion in my opinion. Off camping with mine tomorrow, fully laden, three kids, bikes, awning, wife...

Enjoy and good luck

Al

Well done both - I've (hopefully) got another van to view this weekend - still looking though and I don't know if it's me but there seems to be less of them out there every time I miss out on one!

Thank's - and keep going mate you will find one, have you tried Dubs4sale.com ? , seems to be a range of budget's and some earlybays.

Regards -JIM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts