New bus owner

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quentinfarquar

Reaction score
So I have just bought a 1970 tiptop westy US import, never owned one before so it's all a learning curve. I am currently getting it lowered and painted although the body work is very good in it's original state.

I have 3 children so the plan is to use it at weekends and for short camping trips, So the interior will be getting a fresh look, aswell as a full width bed in order to add the seat belts needed to transport them all. Current plan is not to add any units at the moment and see how we get on with BBQ's and the like.

Obviously this will all eat through a fair bit of cash, as well as all the other extras I will need like stereos and awnings and roof racks.

So really after some advice on what other essentials I need, and if anyone can recommend an awning that would be great.

Thanks

Matt

Hi and welcome,

Firstly, congratulations on making it to the right place - believe me, whatever questions you have, there'll be someone on here who can help. Allow me to be the first - here are a selection of awnings

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=22998" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You asked for recommendations - here are 6 pages of them, all different! :lol:

Enjoy and if you get a chance, pop up some pictures, we like to fawn over new busses 8)

Welcome to EB.
As Irishpete says, feel free to ask questions as someone is sure to offer correct advice or point you towards a relevant thread.
Now that the EB bug has bitten you, I'm afraid there is no cure. May god have mercy on your soul.

Welcome welcome welcome,
Firstly Pics always good to see a fellow members bus,next please but a rough location somebody might be in your area who can help,again welcome to the pain n pleasure of owning a vw camper :D

69bay1.jpg

This is the bus as she stands at the moment, I have the color choice down to 2. Beryl Green or Savannah Beige.

Sweet tintop same as mine,my bus was blue when i got it from usa but underneath was Savannah beige,so I went back to the original colour,I have westy windows as well

Nice bus!!
Seen it in the flesh a couple of weeks ago at Michael's
, very solid & nice original paint too!!

Should be a nice project as you appear to have done the right thing n bought the best base you can !!!

Looks lovely.

For me, the number 1 essential is to get it undersealed/waxoyled/painted underneath. Including all of the chassis cavities :)

Latest posts