New Camping interior by Jason McKinnon

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave68

Reaction score
I've just got my '68 Deluxe back from McKinnon's Campers. So I thought I would show you all how good Jason McKinnon's work is. The '68 started out as a microbus, imported and 'treated' by Mark Walker at the Bus Station Slammin Shop.

IMG_2407.jpg

IMG_2406.jpg

Here is what Jason has done.

IMG_5216.jpg

IMG_5211.jpg

IMG_5212.jpg

IMG_5213.jpg

IMG_5207.jpg

IMG_5206.jpg

IMG_5205.jpg

The new red interior was done by Chris at Trimming Tonic. Another top job, which was intended to mimic the original interior.

IMG_5215.jpg

IMG_5214.jpg

A brief overview of what has been done is as follows.

Full width Rock’n’roll bed.
Three 3 point Securon seat belts on the rear seat.
Black and White check floor.
Cherry wood sink unit/cupboard to house water tank, with waste to run to outside. Smev sink with glass top lid, black work top with deluxe metal trim and black insert, and built in 12v Virtifrigo fridge
Cherry wood cooker unit/cupboard to include Smev 2 burner hob, built on a rising hinge for outdoor use. Two lift up table tops to go between units and on outside, deluxe trim with black insert.
Tripod island leg table to use inside and out, with deluxe trim.
Rear roof locker with cargo net.
12v interior fan to rear roof locker.
Option 3 electrics includes full 12v and 240v systems.
Panel roof lining with six individual halogen lights.
JVC Ipod compatable stereo and speakers connected to run on leisure battery.
Curtains all round fitted to Silent Gliss curtain track.
"jail bars" to rear and side windows.
"raydot light" to cab door and connect to rocker switch on dash.
Wood rim and alloy 17 inch steering wheel.

The exterior of the bus is close to original, with quite a few examples of 41 years of knocks and scrapes. It's my intention to leave it that way.

I am well chuffed with the result, but would be interested to here your comments, as would Jason and Chris.

That looks the Mutts :) Classy without being overkill, and looks to be 1st class finishing :)

Question, how or where does the middle rear seat belt mount to? My 69 has the floor mounts for middle belt, but interested to know where and how the middle belt top mount is fixed?

Cheers

Nick

Hi mate nice bus , Really interested in seat belt fixing points in the rear 8)

Pure class.........well done

So does anyone know what this kind of conversion would cost?

That is one classy ride now 8) - The interior looks very smart indeed :mrgreen:

Loving it - that interior looks like it was meant to be in it from day 1 8)

Particularly like the swing out unit!

Some questions:

How does the middle belt work out when you drop the bed down? Can it be detached and tucked out the way?

What are you doing about spare tyre?

Like the full width rear cushion and assume you've modded the wheel well into something?

Would be interested in seeing some shots with your lighting on! especially the cab lighting and thinking about doing this myself and would be good to see how the pro's set it up ;)

Well what can you say :shock: .Thats one of the best refits Ive seen.
Jason and Chris should give them selfs a good pat on the back and you for leaving the bus as it is body wise.
Just one little nag put some fresh paint on that step :lol: .Van looks spot on you do right to be well chuffed 8) I would be .......Dave

Latest posts