New ignition

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcvw

Reaction score
Hi,

If you only have the ignition switch and housing (and not the key) is it possible to get a new key cut?

If you can't get a key cut, how difficult is it to get a new barrel & key (swapmeet?) and fit into the housing?

Thanks,

Mike

You should be able to get a new key cut, there is a cut code stamped on the side of lock cylinder. If for any reason you can't, repro's are readily available. Although the keys they come with are crap and break really easily.

To get the lock cylinder out of the boss, you first need to remove the boss from the steering column. There is a hole in the boss that you can stick a wire hanger or small screwdriver into to release the spring on the lock cylinder, allowing it to slide out.

yeah you can get a key cut from the number on the barrel, not many places hold the details for it though, I know someone but for some reason hes not been very helpful.....think hes got a few issues at the mo, really pissed as I have a few sets I want doing.....

This should help with removing the lock if necessary

http://www.dolgyfre.adsl24.co.uk/spooky/barrel/barrel.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

C&C are qouting a starting price of 25 a barrel to re code not covering damaged wafers / springs.........

Latest posts