New kindle , can you recommend a book

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poptop2

Reaction score
Posted this in the other house yesterday , had some good replie's , but need more please

As some of you will know i got a kindle for my birthday yesterday ,opened a amazon account ,bought a couple of classics then a strange thing happened , i blanked , had a age related moment and could'nt think of a single book i would like to read .

i am interested in quite a wide variety of books , history , war 1st and second , travel , humour and general interest,and observation i find very thought provoking , i just don't know whats about anymore -- help

i have just finished tail end charlies and i absolutely love Dickens ( if that come's across wrong your not thinking straight ) , a year in provence is probably my all time favourite -- any suggestions , have you read anything decent recently ??

look forward to your replie's

poptop2 , Malc

Im addicted to Jack Reacher books by Lee Childs im afraid :( ;)

All time favourite is 'The Count of Monte Cristo' by Alexandre Dumas.
Best read lately is the 'Millennium Trilogy' by Steig Larsson.
Also enjoy the 'Wallander' detective books by Henning Mankel.

If you're after something thought-provoking then you can't go wrong with anything by Christopher Hitchens - 'God is not Great' is particularly enjoyable!

Wanted a Kindle for a while - let us know how you get on...

;)

Justin & Muttley said:
All time favourite is 'The Count of Monte Cristo' by Alexandre Dumas.
Best read lately is the 'Millennium Trilogy' by Steig Larsson.
Also enjoy the 'Wallander' detective books by Henning Mankel.

If you're after something thought-provoking then you can't go wrong with anything by Christopher Hitchens - 'God is not Great' is particularly enjoyable!

Wanted a Kindle for a while - let us know how you get on...

;)

i have read the count , excellent good suggestion :D

As for the kindle , although its new to me it seems easy to use, holds 3500 book and its 3g too so always have the abiity to download books , newspapers etc , can go on here with it too , my 16 year old wants it ( no way Jose ) .

good choices thanks.

i'm kind of obsessed with mountaineering books! :oops: :? :lol:

i'd recommend....

learning to breathe
touching the void
white spider

currently reading No Way Down

:)

love Iain Banks novels....weird as....
driving over lemons by Chris Stewart , his books are good as are Lawrence and Gerald Durrell books too
Lord of the Flies etc etc
Don Quixote, Cervantes.
loads more too

I got one of these for the misses for Christmas, it is costing a fortune as she finds it so easy to read books quickly. As soon as one is finished she downloads another, within a couple of mins she's started on the next!! All crappy Jacky Collins type stuff too...

MikeyC said:

i'd recommend....

learning to breathe
touching the void
white spider

read touching the void - awesome .
thanks

poptop2 said:
MikeyC said:

i'd recommend....

learning to breathe
touching the void
white spider

thanks

agreed :)

have you seen the film / documentary they made? think Channel 4 made it?

Search for;

Chilly Chilly Bang

It's the true story of a guy who freelanced around europe one winter in the sixties. He lived and worked out of his bus with his wife and baby daughter.

Fascinating read, and VW related to boot

MikeyC said:
poptop2 said:
MikeyC said:

i'd recommend....

learning to breathe
touching the void
white spider

thanks

agreed :)

have you seen the film / documentary they made? think Channel 4 made it?

yeah good , also think i briefly have met the guy himself at a group book signing with my mate is chris j a smith , author of why don't you fly ,a book about his cycle ride from my home in Bewdley to bei jing .thats a pretty good read too .

I don't read much at all but got recommended Jasper Fforde. Different but very gripping.

'Lost in a good book'.
'The Eyre affair'.
'The well of lost plots'

I asked my girlfriend if she wanted 1 of these for her birthday and she said no because you can't beat the smell of a book? I was all was under the impression you read books, not sniff them :|

:lol:

two books i read recently both true stories ..dead ground. its the true storie of an i.r.a. informer to the british. the other is sniper one the true storie of a sniper platoon in iraq ..im halfway through richard hammonds book on his jet car accident and his long road to recovery ..so far ..so good :mrgreen:

Westy Richardson said:
I asked my girlfriend if she wanted 1 of these for her birthday and she said no because you can't beat the smell of a book? I was all was under the impression you read books, not sniff them :|

:lol:

Sniifing books eh ,
know what she means though .

Latest posts