New lobus project - 69 twincab

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lobus

Reaction score
Day one of the new Lobus project, the trip from where I bought it to home.
I've got lots of plans for this but stage one will be to ge rid of the rust and replace it with nice fresh steel.

DC005-1.jpg

DC004-1.jpg

DC003-1.jpg

DC002-1.jpg

DC001-1.jpg

8555_12.jpg

0700_1.jpg

0370_1.jpg

88df_12.jpg

81c6_12.jpg

69Twincab.jpg

0043_1-1.jpg

8fb0_12.jpg

8c45_12.jpg

0043_1.jpg

I wonder how long before it ends up like this?
I'm aiming at 12 months.

I better get busy!

Dc2.jpg

oooh, yummy yummy, a RHD crewcab, you lucky sod!

Looks pretty straight for a workhorse though. And you've got a metal dash too, that's great, lucky you.

Well done Lobus and keep us posted with lots of piccies and updates... :wink:

Carole

If you get it looking how you want it to, then it will be :shock: 8)

Nice 8) An other doubble cab :p
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do :wink:
Good luck with it :wink:

bayview said:
:shock: God I miss my crew cab!. Very very nice. Looks pretty straight. Did you get the rear bench seat - rare as hens teeth?

No rear seat...spewin!

This is the fourth DC I've had in the time I have been playing with my panel. I sold the others to fund the panel play, this one is a keeper although once it's finished things may change.
By the way, the other 3 all had their rear seats. This one has got a bus middle seat in there, a bit too much rake with the back rest which causes limited leg room.
But I'm not going to be sitting in there so its a low priority eh?

Awesome :D

I LOVE the front grille on it, looks a bit different.

Is it an Aussie option?

Nice one Dave loving that D/C as Tofui says cool grille 8) i like that little bumper bar too , well done you sir :lol:

hi ,
nice project . your picture of what you aim to build is just like my crew cab . i own a 68 crew cab in those colours with deluxe split belt trim running on 18" rims with 6" tubs and 4" narrowed front and rear also has dropped spindles and disc's and a 2.1 race engine ,
and air suspension !!!!!!!! :D :D :) 8)
good luck with your project looks like a good starting point .
have fun spike
p.s. there is pictures of my crew cab on my blog : houseofdub.blog.co.uk [/img]

hi ,
nice project . your picture of what you aim to build is just like my crew cab . i own a 68 crew cab in those colours with deluxe split belt trim running on 18" rims with 6" tubs and 4" narrowed front and rear also has dropped spindles and disc's and a 2.1 race engine ,
and air suspension !!!!!!!! :D :D :) 8)
good luck with your project looks like a good starting point .
have fun spike
p.s. there is pictures of my crew cab on my blog : houseofdub.blog.co.uk [/img]

Tofufi said:

Is it an Aussie option?

The grille thingy is a cover over the original, the PO ia a hot rodder and this was his theme. I'm thinking it is going to go MIA, replaced by the original with deluxe trim
The colour is supposed to be Paprika but i culdn't find a decent swatch to copy in the paint program plenty of time for that though.

Hey Lobus....i was wondering where this little beauty ended up.It got lots of attention on ebay. Congrats looking forward to watching the resto :)

Bessie said:
Hey Lobus....i was wondering where this little beauty ended up.It got lots of attention on ebay. Congrats looking forward to watching the resto :)

Too much attention for my liking unfortunately. I think it drove the price higher than I was hoping. but that's the thing about auctions isn't it?
Hopefully I got value for my money, it is pretty complete so at least I won't have to spend so much time looking for parts. Except a rear seat, which I may have to get made, they don't look all that complex.

lobus said:
Bessie said:
Too much attention for my liking unfortunately. I think it drove the price higher than I was hoping. but that's the thing about auctions isn't it?

Absolutely...ive been caught once before,totally got lost in the moment and ended up paying too much for a so called "rare" Bay clock.Oh well you live and learn.Im sure you'll make this little beauty look very special and it'll be money well spent at the end of the day. :)

I'm with you 100% re your thoughts on coffee by the way.
In the end I think I got it for the right price considering their popularity at the moment. It won't be long and it will be considered a bargain (I'm hoping).
They aren't making them any more and when compared to a single cab ute or even a panel van these things are in another league. I'm hoping it will be a keeper, but I can only drive one at a time so once the resto is done a decision will be pending.

lobus said:
Tofufi said:

Is it an Aussie option?

The grille thingy is a cover over the original, the PO ia a hot rodder and this was his theme. I'm thinking it is going to go MIA, replaced by the original with deluxe trim

I think it is Brilliant - let me know if you want it to go MIA (I'm guessing you mean Missing in Action ;) ) in the fun city of Birmingham, UK ;) - I reckon it would sit nicely on my van 8)

Good luck with the van, I'm sure you'll have it really smart in no time :)

Jim.

sweet bus, but i'm surprised! :shock:

i didnt think things rusted in Oz :lol:

nice choice of colour as wel.

Latest posts