new member - hi!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samk

Reaction score
Hi All,

thought i'd better join up becuase i've been sniffing around for a while. the thing is, I'm currently a T25 owner :msn4: :shock: although my ideal van is an early bay so I hope you'll forgive me :lol:

i've had my bus since last november and have been slowly doing it up since then. My ultimate plan is to sell it on in the future and buy an early bay. Don't get me wrong, I like my van but the niggling urge to buy an early bay is strong. You lot have some beautiful vans!

Anyway, hope to se some of you on the road- see the pictures of my van below. hopefully it wont burn your eyes!

DSC00247.jpg

DSC00359.jpg

currently bringing the interior back to original condition - nightmare!

DSC00335.jpg

I like a man who admits he has done wrong :mrgreen:
Now sell that thing and get you a real bus :p
Oh crap, I tought I was on VZI :shock:
What I meant was nice van, keep up the good work, hang loose, welcome to earlybay 8)

ha ha!

thanks for the welcome guys. I'd love to get a 'real' bus but the problem is price at the moment. i'd be looking for at least 3 times what I paid for the T25 in the same condition (far from perfect but pretty solid)

i personally quite like a good old rat look early bay. that's rat look but in pretty solid condition - my mechanical skills etc are pretty poor although i'm learning some of the basics.

what would you expect to pay at the moment for a rat look genuine camper conversion with original interior?

Good thinking fella, I joined not so long back when I had a t4. I now have my 71 bay and loving being part it all. Good luck with the search :D

Cool Bus, still Aircooled 8) .
Early Bays can still be found at a reasonable price if you dont mind getting your hands dirty.
Good luck with your repairs n search for an early.

Rich :mrgreen:

Welcome

To get a camper with a solid shell your going to be looking at over 6K approx, lots of other none campers out there with good solid body work for around the 4K mark.

Good luck with your search, and the mechanical work is not that bad unless your rebuilding engines and gear boxes, the rest is fairly easy, get your self the Bentley work shop manual best thing I bought when I first got on to vans.

Hello and welcome 8) Ask any questions here about earlybay and you will get all your answers.

Now get that piggy bank stocked up and sell that T25 and get amongst the joys of earlybay ;) 8)

Welcome Dude,
This is one of the few forums where you can 'out' yourself and not be slaughtered :lol:
At least you have a camper van, my first camping with the EB lot was in a Caravan (my bus was off the road) :evil: . I still get stick now ;)

Thanks for the warm welcome and all the encouragement guys. Looks like I'll be saving for a little while yet but as windsurfer says, at least I have a camper at the moment!

I know that i'd need a pretty solid bus now from my experience with the T25. I've had to do a fair bit of work i.e fix the pop top and generally tart it up again after it was neglected by it's previous owner. This work has frustrated me, tested my skills and patience and, as always, taken a lot longer than expected! When buying an early bay I need to make sure i'm being realistic about the work i could undertake myself - plus I only have on road parking outside my place. So, it looks like i'll need to find a few grand to add onto the value of the t25.

have many of you put the later type 4 2l aircooled engine into your vans? It's the engine i have and i'd imagine you'd get pretty good performance out of it considering a bay is almost half as light as the T25!

Hi,welcome to the forum,I used to have a T25 years ago,I think they are a good choice,they drive more like a modern car and keep up with the traffic and are bigger inside.This was before I bought an earlybay.The trouble was I liked the classic styling of the earlybay,so I sold the T25 and bought a project to do up.I know the earlybay is technically inferior to the T25 but I just love the way it is full of character and charm and you can still make it individual to you taste.

If you're serious about getting one,then do your T25 up and sell it in the peak buying times ideally before September.Then buy your earlybay when prices have dropped a bit after Xmas/New year.

yes, the T25 is practical at the moment and ideal for people who want something affordable but still with a bit of old skool/retro charm, particularly the air cooled models. i think some of the later vans are almost different vehicles.

anyway, enough about T25's! As I mwntioned before I love a good rat look bus - anyone here own one and would care to put up some pictures for me to drool over?! 8) I've seen loads of ratty splits about but not too many early bays so come on guys, give me something to aim for :D

Hello Samk and welcome! :D

Looks like an Autohomes Kamper you've got there? My sister's family had one many years ago.

Good luck with your search for an early. There's one out there somewhere just waiting to be matched up with you!

Hi Danbury Doug,

yep, It's an autohomes Kamper - i actually quite like these conversions - they have a retro feel without being too much like a grannies front room unlike some of the earlier t25 conversions!

Hows your danbury? i like their earlier interiors

My Danbury is fab! It's totally original too.
My folks had one from new, and I was brought up with it in the family. It eventually became my first daily driver. :D

welcome dude!! just to give you a bit of a boost as regards to owning an early bay, I bought mine on Ebay (feb this year) when there was 5 days left it was on £400 so I offered the guy £1500, he accepted. This was honestly all I could afford at the time and it did need some work doing such as putting all the doors etc back on but after spending probably about another £800-£1000 on it I have a van that should be MOT'd next week (touch wood!!) and is probably worth about £5k in todays market. OK it is a crossover but we love it and as its our first roadworthy camper, it should give us a good few years of use before needing any serious work. all im trying to say is keep the faith and keep looking!!

andy

I'm a newbie here too - crossing my fingers, toes and everything else as I'm hoping to have a '72 dormobile by Monday!
8)

Latest posts