New Mexican 1600 TP Oil Change

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lowlight72

Reaction score
Having had a new Mexican TP fitted it is now approaching its 500 mile oil change. Searching through my manual and comparing it with my new TP I couldn t find the sump plug so guessed I just needed to undo the sump plate and BINGO out came the oil, problem is I don't have the luxury of a garage or ramp so cannot work out it there is a strainer and or filter in there or not Anybody else come across this? Some help would be greatly appreciated
Lowlight72 :D

Can't believe those brazillian cheapskates don't even put a sump plug on those engines! Get yourself down GSF - new sump plate WITH plug is fiver or so. Get under there with a torch. If it has a strainer plate it'll be easily visible. Unless you can see an external filter on engine I would assume it has a strainer plate in there.

VW deleted the sump plug for a while to try to encourage the cleaning of the oil strainer. Most plates have been replaced by previos owners by now so you dont see plates without a drain plug much these days.

Latest posts