New to Early Bay!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

btleboy

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Kombi
Hello everyone! My name is Steve. I have a 1969 bus that I have replaced the poorly patched front floor pan on and I’m currently reassembling from boxes of parts left inside from the previous owner. Can’t wait to get her on the road. Thanks for letting me be part of the Early Bay community!

Attachments

• IMG_6789.jpeg
    IMG_6789.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6924.jpeg
    IMG_6924.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_6987.jpeg
    IMG_6987.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7694.jpeg
    IMG_7694.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Welcome bud, from another Steve. We do seem to have more than our fair share of Steves on this forum which is definitely a real good thing. As previously mentioned, that’s a great van and garage setup you have there. It’d be nice if you start a resto thread for it over in the gallery section.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,and welcome again :)

Thank you everyone! The Volkswagen community has always been the most friendly and I can tell this group is no different. I’ll be sure to post up some pictures. The paint work on the outside is not the greatest. It looks like the previous owner painted it himself. Hopefully some wet sanding and buffing will make it presentable. Other than the front pan replacement I’m basically just doing a full mechanical resto to make it as reliable as I can so it can be driven often!
The shop is actually my small vdub shop that I run in Ohio out of a 1950’s service station. I look forward to helping everyone where I can and equally look forward to furthering my knowledge on these wonderful machines.

Attachments

• IMG_7861.jpeg
    IMG_7861.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Thank you everyone! The Volkswagen community has always been the most friendly and I can tell this group is no different. I’ll be sure to post up some pictures. The paint work on the outside is not the greatest. It looks like the previous owner painted it himself. Hopefully some wet sanding and buffing will make it presentable. Other than the front pan replacement I’m basically just doing a full mechanical resto to make it as reliable as I can so it can be driven often!
The shop is actually my small vdub shop that I run in Ohio out of a 1950’s service station. I look forward to helping everyone where I can and equally look forward to furthering my knowledge on these wonderful machines.
Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,cool as penguin’s dangly bits :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Hey Steve, great story, welcome to the forum 👍

Cool garage too 👍

I used to work for P&G before I retired and spent a fair bit of time in the Mid West,
Cape Girardeau South East Missouri in particular, good times indeed 👍

Latest posts