New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everybody, my name is Harald, I'm from southern Germany.
I got a 70' bus. Original it was a Clipper, but it was changed to a camper in the early 80's.
I own the bus since 8 years.

Harald

Hey Guys, Just joined :p
We started doing up our '69 Bay this year. And now seem to see V dubs everywhere!
Recently stopped to take a peak at a lovely low rider split in Warwick, and they told me about this forum..... (much appreciated if you're reading this guys :mrgreen: )

I'll post some pics soon, but right now, can anyone tell me where to get blue and white check vinyl flooring that everyone seems to use??

And I need a 10" chrome front badge .... can't seem to find one anywhere?? All I've found is "sold out" :(

Anyhooo,
Hope someone can help,
Cheers Guys.

Hiya Harald, hey there Bigwolf., I think we have quite a few members from different parts of Germany and indeed all over the world, mine is also a white 1970. Good luck with the big badge search Bigwolf , I`ve ended up with a rather nice stainless one that`s recently been dented so I`m another on the look out, rocking horses and hens in the dentist are phrases that spring to mind. Trawl the forums and you`ll get lucky eventually, best bet has got to be stateside forums for a genuine one. With the flooring thing, check out Mad Matz for that stuff.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Big big welcome to you both,, now don`t be shy :mrgreen:

ozziedog said:
Hiya Harald, hey there Bigwolf., I think we have quite a few members from different parts of Germany and indeed all over the world, mine is also a white 1970. Good luck with the big badge search Bigwolf , I`ve ended up with a rather nice stainless one that`s recently been dented so I`m another on the look out, rocking horses and hens in the dentist are phrases that spring to mind. Trawl the forums and you`ll get lucky eventually, best bet has got to be stateside forums for a genuine one. With the flooring thing, check out Mad Matz for that stuff.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Big big welcome to you both,, now don`t be shy :mrgreen:

Thank you for the welcome :)

My blog will show you some pics of my cars.....

http://stallarbeiten.skynetblogs.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Harald

Hi all,

Thought I would say hi from New Zealand! (any other NZ members here?)...

I've recently returned from holiday and will be picking up my 71 Panel very soon! looks like a bit of work, but that's half the fun right?? looking to drop it to the ground with air ride and some wide rims while keeping a ratty/vintage look (don't think that would be hard considering its current condition hah!).

Thankfully a good mate is an engineer who also is in to VWs and keen to help!

Will post up some pics and updates on the project as we go :)

Cheers!

Josh

Hi Josh, that sounds like perfection if you`ve roped someone in to help and they`re keen, looks like you`re halfway there already. Get some pictures up and start a resto thread in `Gallery` so we can all have a nose and pitch in if we can with ideas etc.Get some pictures up as soon as you can anyhow. Yes we do have members from all over including N.Z. but I don`t know how many, you could start a list if you like, you might even get some more help locally :shock: Who knows :lol: Anyway, a big welcome to you bud and join in where and when you can ;) I wonder how many NZ residents we have on here ? I`m not sure if we`re allowed to call you guys Kiwis because of how PC we are over in Pommie Land now, so let me know because last time I checked with any of your gang, they was pretty stoked and proud to be called Kiwis. Of all the people I`ve met from there, I haven`t met one single one that hasn`t been a barrel of laughs and seriously good fun, a bit tainted maybe but brilliant too :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Look out, there`s another Bay about :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

Hi everyone my names Karl, just here to say hi and I'm hopefully looking at getting my first earlybay in the not to distant future.

Karlbay said:
Hi everyone my names Karl, just here to say hi and I'm hopefully looking at getting my first earlybay in the not to distant future.

Sounds good to me Karl, have you got a specific Bay in mind or are you just looking generally? Can you describe your ideal van, or how you'd like it? I just thought, imagine if you could have an Early but brand new, now that would be amazing.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,, And welcome :mrgreen:

Hi everyone :D

My name is Abel Afonso, i am a Portuguese living in Wrexham, Wales. I have a VW aircooled engine shop here and i finally bought the van i was looking for for a long time: A 69 Westy :p
She is in a terrible estate, but i will restore her and bring it to it's former glory with some updates too, including a 2058cc engine with dual Dell 40's that is almost done ;)
Hope i can get some help from the gurus here and also hope to help in all i can :eek:

Regards
Abel

Brilliant Abel, all those Earlies need saving. That sounds like some sort of serious motor to move it along a little. Hello and a big welcome to you my friend, :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Should I ask for photos ??? :p ;) :p

Thanks for the warm welcome Ozziedog :D
Completely agree, it breaks my heart when i see bodycuts for sale although i might need some :mrgreen:
I am so embarassed of putting pics of my Bus, she needs Loads of work :oops: But i will get done slowly ;)
Can't get the pics to upload, it says the max quota has been reached :cry:
Abel

hi guys, i'm Matt from newcastle under lyme in staffordshire recently bought myself a 68 californian import, lots to do and learn along the way, i'll try and upload a few pics as i get on. So far ive made a few repairs to the rear floor where the seat locators originally were and replaced the lower right rear corner and battery tray. At the weekend ive removed the full cab floor ready for welding in its replacement and gutted the inside and finally got rid of the stench of mouse p*** by removing the headlining. Loving the bus so far but still early days. cheers Matt

Hey Matt, that looks great with the rest of the chassis looking very good indeed. Looks like you'll have a new running mate for that cracking beetle.. So welcome to the forum and good luck with finding a rear bumper without taking a second mortgage out :lol: . They are about occasionally but you can keep an eye out in the for sale section here or post a wanted ad in there. Crack on and you might make it to one of the last shows this year, good place for ideas too.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, Hanging on to summer by the coat tails :mrgreen: :roll: :mrgreen:

Hi all

I'm Jim from Birmingham
Just got a 71 early bay camper, my first classic VW, also have a T5 as my daily.
Car history previous to that was classic minis, have owned 40 odd of them, still got one sitting in the garage but was time for the change, have longed for a camper for a while and am so happy now I have one!!
Needs a few jobs, brakes are non existent and needs the carb sorting as overfilling, but that's all part do the fun!!

Jim

Hiya JimP, welcome along to the forum. Loads of great info on here about all sorts of things and carbs included. Needle and seat and a new float sounds like the answer to your little issue and try and set the float height as close to the spec as poss. Euro carb are reasonably priced and post it to you fairly quickly. Try and get some pictures up and let us have a little look see :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, Pictures please buddy !!! :mrgreen:

OK, pics, hope this works! :roll:

23E60139-CD5D-45BB-AC03-26BA688E7B53_zpsa0j6u4f5.jpeg

Jim

Latest posts