New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
joneastwood said:
Not had this very long...

9000052640_72ff834d0d_k1.jpg

Had beetles and a Split before but this is my first Bay

Lots to do but a very solid base to work from :D :D
Welcome along!

Nice find! Pearl white SO70 Campmobile? Original California bus all its life, should be lovely and dry. 68/69?

What's the interior like?

Get some pictures up on a build thread, mines the same, but '70, looking forward to seeing where you go with it.

Cheers

Alistair

aogrady said:
joneastwood said:
Not had this very long...

9000052640_72ff834d0d_k1.jpg

Had beetles and a Split before but this is my first Bay

Lots to do but a very solid base to work from :D :D
Welcome along!

Nice find! Pearl white SO70 Campmobile? Original California bus all its life, should be lovely and dry. 68/69?

What's the interior like?

Get some pictures up on a build thread, mines the same, but '70, looking forward to seeing where you go with it.

Cheers

Alistair

Alistair - Thread started :)

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=69190

Good for you Mr Monster :mrgreen: Welcome along to the forum and it is indeed one of the most relaxed forums in the whole universe. Do your bestest to join in and try and get some pictures up because we are rather partial to pictures and new ones especially ,,,, even marmity ones :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Ready for the summerrrrr,,,,,,,,,,,,,, you betcha :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi, not really 'new' here, I have been lurking for years, soaking up the vast knowledge reserves on the forum. Never posted as have had my 1969 (registered '70) Danbury tintop EB for around 8 years and she's still got a long way to go despite having had a full chassis rebuild, front and rear arches, corners and most recently a new front end, so I have always been a bit reluctant to post- she's not the prettiest but once you've slept with her, well.... She has survived a house move, 2 births, 1 redundancy, numerous MOT fails and most recently 1 crash (hence the new front end) :oops: I've just got a new job and I'm now using her as my daily driver so it's time to invest a bit of time and money and make her the camper she was always meant to be. The whole family loves her and there is no way we would part with her so we now need to decide whether to cut the roof to put a pop top in cos those pesky kids just keep on growing. Looking forward to some camping and Shows this summer. Anyway hi and I will sort my profile out and post some pics Asap

Hi there teamrandy, glad you finally posted. I loves a tinny top so try not to molest yours. The simple answer is keep the van the way it is and shoot the kids,,, you know it makes sense don`t you :lol: How old are the little peeps then ? Maybe best not to shoot them,, some peeps take a dim view of that sort of thing, perhaps you could sell the kids or part exchange them for something useful perhaps like a new motor or a secondhand six rib box ??? :p :p Or just get some sort of add on like a tent or a driveaway awning and lock em up in there out of the way. I just use an old patio type gazebo for the extra space, the little peeps might like their own bit of space in a tent under a gazebo if they are old enough. Try and get some pictures up because you know we`ll just keep on till you do. AND all these busses are magic in their own different ways, and a bit of tatty,,, well we all likes a bit of rough don`t we :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Mines rough but disguised :lol:

Hello,

I'm new here but not in the vw scene...
After 6y enjoying my '67 slammed beetle, i've sold it and bought a '70 westfalia tintop :D
Work i've allready done: let build a new 2L type IV engine (180nm torque), let build 6 rib gearbox.
Still to do: put a red9 lowering kit, CSP disc brakes,...

Hello all,

I'm not a current early bay owner, but hope to change that soon...

I currently have an '85 T25 which is rusting away, and a '70 1300 beetle which is a little less rusty. Looking to get rid of the T25 and upgrade (as I see it anyway!) to a bay.

I've posted a wanted add on here, and am working my way through viewings of vans on ebay/autotrader/gumtree/carandclassic so hopefully I'll get one sorted soon.

Cheers all,

Alex

Welcome everyone!

orangefeeling said:
Hello all,

I'm not a current early bay owner, but hope to change that soon...

I currently have an '85 T25 which is rusting away, and a '70 1300 beetle which is a little less rusty. Looking to get rid of the T25 and upgrade (as I see it anyway!) to a bay.

I've posted a wanted add on here, and am working my way through viewings of vans on ebay/autotrader/gumtree/carandclassic so hopefully I'll get one sorted soon.

Cheers all,

Alex

I did the same with the aircooled T25 - what is it about them and rust? Not that I know about bodywork but couldn't get mine to stop with the surface rust even though it was relatively solid and I had it looked at and resprayed. Thankfully now got a dry-state USA bay and didn't look back. Good luck, you won't regret the swap!

admwllms said:
I did the same with the aircooled T25 - what is it about them and rust?

Likewise, spent an age chasing rust out the seams, only to have it come back in no time - common issue it seems.

Contemplated a restoration of it, but no one wanted to touch it - the air-cooled garages want to do bays/splits, the water cooled and generals have equal lack of interest as they are known rust traps. I can do mechanicals, but welding is outside my range, so off it goes!

Can't wait to get my hands on a 'new' van!

Cheers,

Alex

Hi there,

New to the forum, been lurking for a while but I've secured myself a van from the sales section, I bought this....

Love it. It's my 3rd air-cooled, had a 72 1200 Beetle, I currently have a 1958 PanrelVan and now have this too!

Have a few ideas what I will be doing to it, but keeping it very similar.

Cheers
Al.

Davydomes said:
Hello northernmonkey - no longer bayless :D Are you located in the North? We are almost slap bang in the middle of Manchester and Liverpool. No arguments about footy in our town! Yeah right!

Alas no, I'm from Middlesbrough but been living in London for the last 25 years. And no football arguments in my house as Middlesbrough are the best team ever. Fact.

Al.

Hello folks

Not new to the forum but returning after a lengthy exile. I was the proud owner of a '71 danbury which I sadly entrusted to someone who not only destroyed my van but rinsed me for cash also. The van hopefully went on to be restored but instead I learned it was chopped for a quick buck.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but life goes on and I now have a four year old daughter who weirdly is super-aware of camper vans despite mine being long gone before she was born. Toying with the idea of another early bay preferably an tin-top but open to ideas £10k max budget.

Are there any early bay owners in my neck of the woods? (Brownhills-Cannock)

Cheers :D

Hello all, been lurking for a while now, and soaking up all the useful info on here that has helped me no end

It's taken a while longer than I anticipated but Winnie is finally back on the road after 14 months of ownership.

It's fair to say that when her make-up was removed she wasn't a pretty sight ... but now with every panel replaced, with the exception of Sliding Door, Engine Lid & Rear Offside Corner, the addition of a new 3/4 vertical pop top and a colour change from Lotus White to Savannah Beige (cloud white roof, bumper & wheels) ... a full rewire ... and endless list of other stuff inc retro Bosch Reverse & Fog Lights i'm proud to say she's almost ready for Upholstery and Interior fit.

Winnie%201970_zpsktabyktw.png

Winnie%20Rear_zpsgkrmnkyj.png

I'll post more pics of the restoration when she's finally done ... just glad to hear her start up after all this time and passing her MOT without any advisories :D

Hi all, new to the forum and just about to pick up our first early bay this weekend. Hopefully I have added a picture to see if any of you guys and girls recognise it?

Hi there to all the new folks and those returning to the Early Bay fold, there are I how toos dotted about all over on several pages but the photo one is pretty easy, as in you need a host like photo bucket or similar (free) and post pics through them. So we should see some new busses at the events this summer and that will be brilliant so join us for a beer or two :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, or three :lol: :lol: :lol:

EarlyBay said:
Say hello here on this thread ...

Hello, I'm Ellafella & new to EarlyBay but looking forward to "making friends"; I can't wait to bore you all with pictures of my van and tales of my adventures etc... :|

Latest posts