New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice looking Dormy and looking forward to more pictures too :mrgreen:

Are those 17 inch wheels on the bus :?:

Yes, they are 17's. The PO made me promise never to scratch them. I've stuck some more pictures below. The inside is ok, not as good as the out, but we'll probably getting something sorted in there over the winter. My better half's Dad's a chippy so I'll get him on the case with some solid wood.

DSC01100-1.jpg

DSC01107.jpg

Hi!

I've been on here a little bit, but never actually said hello properly!

HELLO!!! :D

My name is Carl, I drive a '71 Westie and I am based in South East Wales... See you around!!

hi all. have been sniffing around for a while but have now decided to commit to aircooled. have been messing about with water-cooled stuff for a bit but the aircooled lark is all new to me, so please be patient whilst i try and educate myself in this area a little more and ask some probably daft questions. :D

Hello to all, ask away with them questions. We have a great knowledge base here for getting your buses running and rolling! 8)

Sorry for being lazy, but i've just copied and pasted this off the late bay forum,have'nt been home long and must be up at 4.30 in morning.
Just a quick hello,bought my bay today from a dear friends wife who is sadly no longer with us.For those of you living in the Rhymney Valley you will know who i'm talking about,i would like to think one day i will able to finish the restoration that he would have been proud of.My name is mark and my wife is mandy, we have also had an ongoing project for the last 6 years with our t4 syncro,So it looks now as if our never ending spending of throwing all our money in to a bottomless pit will have to continue most probably for at least another 6 years.I'm sure it will be fun though.Mandys ride is a beetle customised by porsche themselves,and i myself have a love of vintage caravans, one of them i've reluctantly had to put up for sale today for restro funds,can't keep it all i'm afraid, We are also lucky enough to have owned our puck for the last few years that i hope one day will look a good unit with the bay.So there we go'looking forward to the rest of the year with dubs @ the castle. Vanfest and Oktoberfest,in our t4 allthough we can't wait for the day it will be in our Bay.Regards Mark & Mandy.

Dub_Dreams said:
Hi!

I've been on here a little bit, but never actually said hello properly!

HELLO!!! :D

My name is Carl, I drive a '71 Westie and I am based in South East Wales... See you around!!
Hi Carl. just joined the forum,we bought our bay friday,& drove it home last night ,we live in fleur de lis(flower),where exactly are you.Do u know if there are any local meets. Regards Mark.

Hi Celtic Nomad!

I'm just round the corner from you mate... Crumlin will mean something to you I reckon..... that's where I am! :D

See you around v.soon!

Hi everyone!

Joined a long time ago, and got an amazing amount of useful information from you all.

Thanks!

I am currently restoring a 69 Westy that needs the usual stuff. When I get around to it I will start a thread.

Have already restored a number of beetles, two split vans and a bay panel.

This is my last (yeah right!) and is for my family camping. Oh yeah, have a 63 Notch too.

Quite a contingent of ex-UK early bay owners down here at the bottom of the planet. All good sorts.

hei konei rā

Joe

Hi my name is Stanford and just registered on this forum to get some info on purchasing a baywindow bus.
Hope to find some usefull tips on what to look for,enginewise, etc.

Greets,
Stanford 8)

bewitched said:
Hi my name is Stanford and just registered on this forum to get some info on purchasing a baywindow bus.

Greets,
Stanford 8)

Welcome mate , if you have any questions about purchasing a bus ask away or just contact Graham L on here from Midland Earlybay he has a good inventory of imports or can source you one to suit your needs , he's got a wealth of knowledge too ; also there is Gary from West Coast Bays for good USA imports and Scott Wilson for some nice RHD SA imports amongst others with good reputation on this site.

Cheers.

ib-bus said:
bewitched said:

Greets,
Stanford 8)

Welcome mate , if you have any questions about purchasing a bus ask away or just contact Graham L on here from Midland Earlybay he has a good inventory of imports or can source you one to suit your needs , he's got a wealth of knowledge too ; also there is Gary from West Coast Bays for good USA imports and Scott Wilson for some nice RHD SA imports amongst others with good reputation on this site.

Cheers.
Hello and welcome to every bods, and what Juan says ^^^ is pretty much spot on :D Ask away with the questions because we got some real smart puppies on here as you may have sussed ;) not me by the way :lol: If you want to know anything basic, and I mean very basic, like how many wheels go on a bus in general, or where is first gear, then I`m good at that sort of stuff, actually,,,, I`m rather good at that stuff, just remember one wheel in each corner usually works nicely, :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, And first is in there somewhere ! Just keep stirring !! :roll: ;) :lol:

Hi,

I am new to early bay. Just collected our 72 microbus, lovin it. Will upload some pic soon.

Jo

Ib-bus and Ozziedog thnx for welcoming me to the forum.
Gonna gather as much info as i can get as this bus thing is new for me.Been into vwdubs for years but only vw beetle's so far,cal-look,pro street and dragracing.

Gonna save me some cash to buy a bus and i'm aiming for a budget of 12 to 14.000 euros.
Hope that it will get me a nice bus.Gonna look for something cool,lowered a bit and with a reliable engine that can go with modern day traffic(read nice tuned up engine and gearbox)
and a bit of a camper interior for fun when going to meetings etc.

Cheers Stanford 8)

Hello!

I Thought I should say hi! I always read this forum and get ideas for camp sites and fixing my last bus. I actually bought my first bus from here from Jono at Vintage Valley. The reason I am back so much is that I am currently hunting for my next early bay. I recently lost my bus to a hideous bus fire where he ended up being a right off. so sorry for being so rude and diving straight on the for sale section and not saying hello! Hopefully will be driving a bus again soon...

Clare

brightonbay said:
Hello!

I Thought I should say hi! I always read this forum and get ideas for camp sites and fixing my last bus. I actually bought my first bus from here from Jono at Vintage Valley. The reason I am back so much is that I am currently hunting for my next early bay. I recently lost my bus to a hideous bus fire where he ended up being a right off. so sorry for being so rude and diving straight on the for sale section and not saying hello! Hopefully will be driving a bus again soon...

Clare

Don;t be shy next time and what happened with the bus fire :shock:

gninnam said:

Thanks and Hi! It caught fire whilst driving on a the A27 to work - no idea why, had just done a round trip to cornwall and it had recently passed it MOT with no probs... So who knows. Just wish I had an extinguisher on the bus or setup in the engine bay. But really my main worry was getting my dogs out the back before it went bang (camping gas cylinders!). so couldn't really save it...

brightonbay said:
gninnam said:

Thanks and Hi! It caught fire whilst driving on a the A27 to work - no idea why, had just done a round trip to cornwall and it had recently passed it MOT with no probs... So who knows. Just wish I had an extinguisher on the bus or setup in the engine bay. But really my main worry was getting my dogs out the back before it went bang (camping gas cylinders!). so couldn't really save it...
:shock: OUCH :shock:

evening all, a quick hi from woking. I've got a 72 crossover danbury which is undergoing a full resto. i've browsed the site before and got some good info but thought i'd better register and introduce myself.
i'll look forward to meeting some of you over a beer at one show or another!
Gaz

Latest posts