New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the welcome

I dont really want to sell the 54 but you never know if the right bay comes along I might. With regard to what sort of bus I am pretty open.... I really love this one
480247075_829ae36d3b_o.jpg

but I would like to use it for camping so a westy wouldnt be out of the question. I would rather have something with a bit of patina on it so it would be a bit of a contrast with my oval and I wont mind so much if it gets scratched etc..

welcome dude 8)

I will buy that old bug off you for a few squid if you are saving for a bay and need the room :wink:

What a well executed bug you have and also liking the choice of bay you would
like :wink:

Welcome dude :D

Just realised i havnt properly introduced myself yet!

Im Simon from Cambridge, 28yrs old...about to get my 71 bay back any day now after a completely new interior!! Cant wait..only had it for the drive home then it went straight into the garage!

Used to own a 73 bay and travelled all over France, parts of Spain and down to Ibiza last May before selling it, and regretting it almost straight away...the hunt was on, i began learning more and more about vw's and thats when i hunted down an early bay and found a spot on one, except for the interior...

Now have designed a cool looking yet practical camping interior ready for a road trip to Italy at the end of June for 3 weeks!! :D

Also cant wait to get to the festivals, vw shows...

So hello and thanks for the help/advise i have already had!!

8)

Welcome to you Bus'Tup - like your story and soooo jealous of your trip to Italy next month - good call :D

Time for my intro.

I've been restoring my bus for the last 2 years. (Takes a long time when you can only get 1 or 2 days on it a week!). Done all the welding on the chassis and body, rebuilt the engine, redone a lot of the wiring, added central locking and electric windows, prepped the body and now am in the midle of painting it. Soon it will be out of the workshop, MOT'd (hopefully) and back home where I can get on with building the interior. Cannot wait!

Hopefully be ready for Vanfest this year!

Just realised we haven't been formally introduced either!

I'm a 41 year old teacher working in an Inner City Primary in Leeds. Currently off due to stress and trying to make the sick notes stretch out till the summer... Slightly insane at the best of times but recently it just got a whole lot worse! Didn't like having to learn how to restrain unruly 5 year olds or counsel kids about the drug-induced death of a parent :( The job just ain't what it used to be...

Into surfing (don't do that much these days) and living life to the full. I've got two lovely teenage boys, Alex (18) and Kris (17) - both metal heads that can't pull their sodding trousers up! Wouldn't swap 'em for the world (maybe sell 'em if the price was right but there you go...).

Then of course, there's Brian - my other half. 42 year old Leeds lad and worth his weight (hefty chap) in gold! ASME 9 coded welder and steel fabricator extraordinaire! Currently working and kind of pretty much living in London due to the sad death of engineering in Leeds and the surrounding areas! A black belt in Jiu Jitsu but also can bore you to death about lots of other martial arts disciplines esp Taekwondo - his other fave!

Finally, there's the dog - Ratticus, English Bull Terrier and Lady Gladiator. She's currently developing a new canine martial art we're planning to market as Bully Jitsu - definitely not one to mess with!

Currently just embarked on a big bus resto/rebuild of Eve, our beautiful 71 bay. We've foolishly agreed to have this finished before next summer as I've promised the dog that I'd take her camping in it. We shall see...

Cheers, Debby :)

Well, as introductions go BBB, that's the longest yet so well done dudette :wink:

Madman, a big welcome to you too - get those piccies up my boy :lol:

hi simon

splitterz have a meet up your way, if you need help etc, dan72 on splitterz does the camb meet, think it is in milton

gary

Bus'Tup said:
Just realised i havnt properly introduced myself yet!

Im Simon from Cambridge, 28yrs old...about to get my 71 bay back any day now after a completely new interior!! Cant wait..only had it for the drive home then it went straight into the garage!

Used to own a 73 bay and travelled all over France, parts of Spain and down to Ibiza last May before selling it, and regretting it almost straight away...the hunt was on, i began learning more and more about vw's and thats when i hunted down an early bay and found a spot on one, except for the interior...

Now have designed a cool looking yet practical camping interior ready for a road trip to Italy at the end of June for 3 weeks!! :D

Also cant wait to get to the festivals, vw shows...

So hello and thanks for the help/advise i have already had!!

8)

Latest posts