New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome A5H 8) glad to see another dude make the wise choice! get them pics up and we can have a nosey, in the mean time sit back and enjoy the early bay 8)

Hi all from Australia,

I've dropped a couple of posts in Club listings and Gallery shots and finally found this sticky to blab on about myself.

Its great to find a low light specific club on the net, I am a member of a kombi specific club in Australia and am off to our first national meeting to be held at easter in canberra over 3 nights, looks like we will get 40 plus members for this event some traveling well over 1000 Km's to attend.

My first low light was a 1971 camper we brought in London and drove around England, Wales, Ireland, Scotland, France, Belgium and Germany over three months in 2001 after living in Birmingham for 9 months

Ruby_in_the_sun_top_up.jpg

Last seen as we dropped her off to a vw wreckers somewhere in south east london she was bogged up badly by previous owners and had some bad A pillar rust, no one would give us an MOT so we couldn't see her on

Ever since we've been hooked, now onto our third but still looking for a keeper

Our current ride is posted in gallery section

Regards

chris

I'm a newbie to all that is "early bay"

JUST picked up my '70 deluxe (the ratty one in the for sale section)

Very happy, just need to buy bits, and bits...and more bits :lol:

I'll be asking dumb ass questions so I'll say sorry in advance :oops:

Hello to all!

Daz

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome all and keep the pics and comments a
coming :shock: :D

Hi all thought I better post...
Currently selling my 73 GT Beetle...
CRICH06NOPLATE.jpg

Because I've got this coming in from Australia...
SINGLECAB.jpg

69 RHD :)

hi all! I'm just starting 2 restore my 1967 bay and found this site! I will put sum picys on soon and u can all see wot a job iv got on my hands! chearz buzz

hi tubdub ... funny we were just saying yesterday how people dont seem to rate Bay's in the States - maybe because there's so many of them ?

tubdub said:
Hello all from Northern California where most people frown on baywindows.

How come you have got one then? - Good on ya anyway :shock:

gninnam said:
tubdub said:
Hello all from Northern California where most people frown on baywindows.

How come you have got one then? - Good on ya anyway :shock:

well i wanted a panel van to use as my swap meet vehicle and i found 1 and the total cost with delivery to me which was about 70 miles was only 350 dollars 8) . i have put about 100 more dollars into it . it seems to run good and strong now after changing the carb and the 2 outer wheel bearings. it was also already registered until the end of 2007. the only thing i dont like about it is some previous owner cut 3 windows into the sides of the bus :cry:

smallvan.jpg

Just joined up and thought I would say hello. Excellant site, glad to have found it.
You can see my (our) bus, it's a work in progress as they say.. :lol:

This little fella is our second bus, 'The Cherry Bus' sadly had to move on after a redundancy. Eventually we found another bus, two years ago now.

Much has been done, new vege, new Heat ex's, Blue Bird stainless exhaust, new alt, new starter...large stereo 8) big amp 8) , errrr and, new front arches and outer sills, new winscreen bulge...lets see then there'is the interior bits, brake hoses.....bored now, other stuff too..

But loads still to do..

Anyway Hi...

Tim & Rose

Hi Tim & Rose,
Welcome to the site - always nice to welcome new members.
Bus looks cool, aren't they all 'works in progress'?

How about some interior pics???

;)

No problem, I'll post some up at the weekend.
At work at the moment and don't get to go home until Friday :cry:

I need find a set of original rear draws and and the locker to complete the interior.

Actually I really need to get new doors, a complete window seal set, a louvre window some opening quarter lights....strip the bus out , flat it back to metal and respray it in my VW malaga paint, with a slightly off white top. :lol: oh and firstly weld the sunroof opening up...recondition the popper...lower the front and get some nice wheels...

What I really really need is a project plan 8) :lol:

T

Hello to you all and thanks to Justin & Mutley for pointing me in the direction of the site. Been reading some of the threads and you all sound like a friendly bunch. just trying to work out how to post pics of my 72 crossover on here.
:D

Latest posts