New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rustmonger said:
...I think the later ones also have a raised bit for the badge so what do you go for a wheel at the front or a raised front badge?

That's right, if it was me I'd get the bulge cut out and a flat plate welded in instead!!

;)

Hello, my name is Rich and im looking into getting an earlybay camper, I currently have an 84' T25. This is my first vw but now iv got the vw itch I need a new project! something thats old and aircooled!!

Iv spotted an earlybay down the side of someones garage the other day, it is under a cover but from what I can see it is solid with no rust around the lower windscreen, not sure what interior it has (if any) there has been some repair work started on the sliding door,(sliding door is on the uk nearside, does this mean its rhd?) it has a gearbox but no engine or engine lid, the wheels arn't even rusty!
how much should I be thinking about offering this bloke?

cheers Rich :)

welcome and nowhere near enough info there...

go knock on his door have a look see what he wants get pics and review if you still like it then start knocking him down...

Hiya...
Recent joinee on the Forum - I already know a few of you, and chatted to MikeF and a few of the others at BusTypes.
We have Cadburys Purple '72 Danbury, which also has a Devon cooker unit in it, and we've been rapidly finding out all there is to learn about crossover Bays!
We're really happy with it, other than having some running problems with the Type 4 engine, which I've discovered is a Porsche 914 fuel injection engine, with dual '36 Dell'Orto DRLAs replacing the old K-Jetronic system.
Look forward to meeting some more of you during the rest of the show season.
See you at Big Bang!
Cheers,

Spyderman
(by the way I also have a Spyder replica based on VW parts, if you were wondering about the name)

Hi there all,

Well where do I begin about our new (old 1970) family camper, her name is Gerty and and she's a tango orange and white dormobile. We've only had her a couple of months but decided our Mexican Beetle (ollie) needed a sister.

My hubby and I are crazy about VW and were both bought up with them as kids so did the only decent thing and added them to our family.

Gerty has gone through a complete internal overhaul since we've had her, the inside was a bit of a mess so I bought a sewing machine and in true VW style I made my own cushions covers for the new R & R we fitted, run up matching curtains and scatter cushions too, I have to say were really chuffed with the matching look :D . she's had a new lick of paint inside and hubby made some storage boxes and also fitted a second hand old front bumper as she was sold naked!!

This has all had to be done on a budget as buying her cleared us out (Well the bank!!) and as we have found out owning the beetle already that nothing is what it seems and there's always more to be done and paid out, still she's ready for the camping season and the kids cant wait to use there new upholstered bunks.

There you go War & Peace on my beautiful Bus :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hello to all new doods, get them pics of the buses up and ask as many questions as you want. :mrgreen:

Longtime Lurker. It was suggested over on TheSamba to post a pick of my newly lowered Panel. Here I am... Nice site.

Bus'n'Bug said:
Hi there all,

Well where do I begin about our new (old 1970) family camper, her name is Gerty and and she's a tango orange and white dormobile.

No way! We acquired our '71 (orange and white) Dormobile in 2005...and the previous owner called her Gertie/Gerty/Gurtie too, a name we have kept. See the links in my signature below. Any pictures of yours on here yet?

"Hello World!"

Just taken the early bay plunge and eagerly await the arrival of 'Turtle' - 1968 westy from Graham at Midland Early Bay. Been skulking in the shadows around the forums looking for advice for a few months, went for a sneaky peak around your buses at the Volksworld show but post #1 is hello all.

Just wanted to stop in and say hi.
I just found this forum and I wanted to introduce my self.

I have 2 69 Bus's

1 is a panel I just picked up. It will be on the road soon.
bus001.jpg

The other one is a Microbus that I have been daily driving for a couple years now.
HPIM1860.jpg

Oops
I've just found the "I'm new" thread but I've already posted in general, sorry.
Well, I'm new.
Hi

Phil

(Waxer is my bay)

oooops just found this thread so better say hello

HELLO :D

ive been moochin about the forum for a few weeks now but have only just ventured out of the for sale section!

Went to my first VW show at the weekend (stanford hall) and I think im hooked on vw's now! lol

Hello all!

My name's Graham, and I'm just starting to do some research into campers, with the aim of buying something usable for family outings with my wife and baby daughter. And as much as I love split-screens, my budget just won't stretch to what they seem to go for these days (probably a familiar story!). So I'll probably be lurking in the background reading through the old threads on the site, and might pop up with the odd question here and there.

Some of you might be familiar with my current ride:

jl36587.jpg

And in the unlikely event that anyone fancies trading a nice van for it, please get in touch.

Hi another newbie at your door!

Been into dubs for a long time but on a different side of the fence, owning mk2 golfs - currently got an Oakgreen 20vt machine ;)

Made a decision a few weekends ago that I really wanted a camper at last, after having admired them from afar for so long. Looking to get a splitty in the end (most likely as well as) but certainly right now I'm doing research, gonna be reading project threads and learning all about the way of the bay!

On the look out for an early bay to cut my teeth on and put my own stamp on so apologies for any questions I may ask as new to this campervan ownership lark.

Anyways thats enough from me, see you online.

Cheers,

James

hi , i'm new have a 1972 early bay, started a thread following my restoration, hope everyone enjoys it.

Cheers Ben

Latest posts