New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello to you all.

I hope I can join your excellent forum although I'm from Portugal.
My name is Joao and I have a 68 bus. It's a family member since 1972 and it became a Camper bus in 1973...the year I was born :mrgreen:

Another portugese bus get those pics up my man and welcome.....a lot of responsibility taking on a bus with those family ties....

Hello there! My name is JP and I'm from Sweden. Been into earlies since -99, had eight of them, but actually only two on the road :(
I got rid of them last year and it actually felt nice, for a while that is. I couldn't resist the temptation for long though, a year after I saw a double door project on the web and bought it before seeing it. Clever.

In order to get it on the road I needed a donor so I picked one up locally for 100€. Then I thought it'd be a good idea to have a rideable one while I was working on the DD. So I bought back my old 71, rusty pile but driveable. No MOT however.

Ah well here I am again, but I think I might get it right this time around :) Building a Linkpin beam, homemade drop spindles, boomerang plates. Getting it done at the plant where I work, bushings and all. Feels goood! :)

Earlybay is the thing that gets me going after feeling like giving up, keep up the good work!

Hi
Newbie here, just thought i'd say hello,I have a 72 Bay in need of a little work,

here is my camper what do you think of her :)
DSC00053.jpg

Jerry

Hello to this great forum. I've had my early bay tin top for just over a week now. It has an MOT until July, the plan is to keep it on the road and tend to it a bit at a time. It's not beyond help but planning to make it presentable first (spray it one colour) then deal with the main areas requiring attention to keep it on the road. I want to rush in some sort of interior so I can get some use out of it during the coming months, including trips up the Ace(weather permitting). Any help (and I need a lot of it!) would be most welcome :)
Here's the van:
NMY%20888L%20DSC_0254.jpg

Hello everyone, my name is Phil and I've been an early bay addict since '95.

May I introduce our 39 years young EarlyBay to the forum? Hopefully, pictured below, is our current early bay: Van-Helen :roll:

IMGP1359s.jpg

History:
It was imported to the UK, from California in 2000. I was its first UK owner (and currently it's third!) :D. For some reason, I lost the 'faith' in 2003, :( and sold it to a friend. In late 2005 I bought it back :D, with the aim to surprise/impress my girlfriend - which worked, as she's now my wife! (She's had a 72 bay and a bug... she'd like to add a Ghia to the list next - women, eh!) ;)

The photo above was taken May 2006, when it looked its best. Today, it's housed in my Dad's 'barn' waiting on some welding and a mechanical restore. (Between you and I, it's been resting there for almost.. <ahem!> two years <cough!>... :oops: ) Both the missus and I are motivated to get it welded, re-assembled and mot'd for some use this year. We'll worry about tidy bodywork and shiny paint another time. :)

Phil & Sophie.

Hi EarlyBay!

I'm Bry. I don't have an early bay yet. I don't have a van at all, but I'm looking to change that! My Dad had a '68 bay in the '70s & a '74 Devon in the '80s when I was a kid & I currently drive an oval, so I'm no stranger to aircooled VWs.
I'm hoping to get a camper for this years show season.

Cheers

Bry

Alright everyone, lots of names I recognise from other forums, both here and UK, nice to see a specifc (and busy) early bay site that attracts folk from everywhere.

Me, close to completing a panel van resto, then finish a squareback which is languishing in fresh paint in a farm outbuilding.

I'm a leo, don't like butter or melted cheese - most dairy stuff to be honest and am left handed. I enjoy listening to Test Match cricket on the radio and my favourite of the British garden birds is the robin.

hello all, after a long search i know have this VVVV :D looks like i'll be meeting a few of you at the volksworld show, i'm Ash, 28 from derby, been into dubs for a while, don't know loads about them, but i do know what i like.
003-19.jpg

Well, about a year after we sold our bay, we have bought another one (due to collect her tomorrow). It's not an early, but met all our other requirements! It's a 1972 bus, so must be one of the first late ones? I hope we'll still be welcome as this place seems good! :shock:

bus1.jpg

Hello everyone,

I'm new too, bought myself a crossover RHD a couple of months ago, now in the process of trying to convince my girlfriend that we should spend our savings on a renovation.

I've lots of questions to ask, so I hope to chat to some of you soon.

Great to see your buses at Volksworld yesterday, loved it.

Cheers

mrsimpson

30uakk4.jpg

Hi

Bought my '70 bay last month. Needs a little TLC and I had to sell my squareback but I love it to bits

645946364603_0_ALB2.jpg

See you in the Summer!!

Simon

I'm liking your van Simon, it looks pretty tidy to me!!
(not so sure about the wheel on the front, are the mounting holes for a badge still under the spare wheel?)

;)

Looks better from a distance mate :)

Sadly it need a new front clip which is being sorted in June so as you cant get early front clips anymore it'll have the late one with blanks to cover the top indicators. I think the later ones also have a raised bit for the badge so what do you go for a wheel at the front or a raised front badge?

Latest posts