New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry lads only just spotted this thread ( der brain ). I've allready post some questions and pictures of the van, allbeit on its side in an autovip contraption. I'll keep you posted on it's progress :)

Rather rude i think so a belated Hi everybody

Also just want to say excellent site. Well done all.......

Andy

Wow, quite a few new faces lately 8)

Welcome to the site, and as everyone will say, get some pics up......it's the rule! (well unofficial rule :lol: )

Hello everyone!!
i've just got myself a 1971 westy,amer import, picked it up from newport down in south wales yesterday, an it took over 5hrs to get it back to Ashton-u-Lyne Manchester.I honestly thought id be cumin back with the AA, as the engine had only been put back in in the morn... It was such a buzz makin it all the way home an it didnt even miss a beat!
gettin it on the drive, parkin it up,then watchin all the curtains twitchin was a great feelin!!
A friend of mine told me of this site,so im sure i will learn alot from you guys..i will get sum photos posted and keep you all up2 date of her progress when i work out how to do it..lol
cheers! Darren. :D

Hi Guys,

Just a note to say hi. Im new to this scene and have just procured a very nice 70 early bay cali import. Living in suffolk we recently went to Elemental but was supprised to see none of the earlybay.com crew about....unless i was not looking properly.

Also we had a great weekend, we took our bus out for the first time to the Big Bang but also once again could not find any Earlybay.com crew about...

Is there no one in this area or am i missing something..

Kind regards

Nat (nathan)

SystemsWorks.co.uk

Hi all - here is our 1972 Danbury 'Nancy' at the Oswestry show. We live in Newport Shropshire, this is our first VW camper which we bought in March. So far I have changed the wheels, fixed leaky roof and fitted foam around engine bay tinware to name but a few. New exhaust and lowered suspension are next on the agenda. Harry & Sally.

IMG_2552.jpg

Welcome to all new doods! 8) come in settle down and ask as many questions as you like, there are experts in all areas of earlybays so ask away and you will pick up loads of hints and advice 8) :mrgreen:

hi everyone im new to the site from the staffordshire area and look forward to meeting up with all other early bayers look forward to picking your brains and if i can do the same great love to help anyone if i can just in the process of doing mine up now just timped up the out side and now going to build my own units and bed that will be the easy part hope to see some of you soon at the shows :D ;)

Hi there new to the forum , thought i would have a butchers :)
Been a member on volkstorque for many a year but though i would say hi on hear aswell
i used to own a 68/69 bay but stupidly sold it :roll:
now own a 72 crossover

so hello to all you peeps ;)

Hi to you all,Ive got a '70 cali westy had it for nearly 3 years,doing bits and bobs to it 2nd van as previously had a uk (rusty )xover.Will try to get pics on,says they need resizing.Spent a fair bit of time on the Tech forum as I love to tinker,and waxoyl.
Max
10042008370.jpg

Hey all.

Proud owner of a 1970 Danbury Tin top.

My parents purchased the van brand new in 1970 (I have the original receipt) and gave it to me when I was 17.

21 years later she is going through her 3rd respray...

Pics to come...

Thanks all

Nick

Thanks to EarlyBay.com I'm an 'lowlight' owner again.

Was on my way home disapppointed after viewing a nearly original '73 tax exempt Westy 'highlight' which I was keen to buy but it needed more than a bit of care and attention. But on my way home, courtesy of iPhone and earlybay.com, we found a lovely original '72 Dormobile x-over in blue and white (which was the same model & colours of Leela, our first VW camper! R.I.P). Needs some work but parts included and with the added bonus of being already kitted-out with an LPG conversion which I wanted to do anyway! it was 'meant to be!'

We did have Ozric, a '79 Late Bay twin-slider a very empty converted delivery van which we more or less re-fitted with almost everything... with Leela's engine, found a v.nice Devon pop top, a full Campershak interior, reupholstered cab seat & benchseat, relined and recovered from roof to floor, heat/sound insulation, the works!
Ozric was finished for summer 2009 but after one almost faultless 'maiden voyage' from York to Glastonbury via the Wye Valley we knew it wasn't what we wanted from our campervan. We sold it earlier this year to fund the search for an original!
20090701Ozric2-1.jpg
20090701Ozric-1.jpg

Leela II is now being readied for the road (thanks moler!) & we're patiently waiting.

Gary & Lynda

Campinggaz said:
Thanks to EarlyBay.com I'm an lowlight owner again.

Was on my way home disapppointed after viewing a nearly original '73 tax exempt Westy 'highlight' and found a original '72 Dormobile x-over on blue and white (which was the same model & colours of our first VW camper!)

We had a '79 twin slider which we more or less remade!

Leela II is now being readied for the road and (Thanks moler!) & we can't wait.

...patiently waiting

Gary & Lynda

That's great news - well done!! 8)

Don't forget to get those pics up for everyone to see!

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

;)

Hi again,
Have finally got my 71 westy, and was hoping to put a picture on, seems I must be doing something wrong as it showing the message "board attachment quota reached"? seems I have the intelligence to buy an earlybay, but not use the web site :?

How do I download picture??