New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all after spending far too long lurking I have finally joined !! :D I've had my van "Olive" for over three years now and I've posted a few more pictures in the gallery section if anyone's interested.

van.jpg

Oh by the way thanks to everyone for making this such a great forum 8)

Hiya!
New member, just saying hello :)
Got a 69 British RHD walk through, used to be a panel van, but was turned into a camper over 30 years ago..
Will pop a pic up in the gallery, and look forward to getting to know some new peeps :D

Hi all, just registered and i've owned a 72 Dormobile for a few years and have nearly finished getting it MOTable after acouple of years off the road... nearly there :D

Hello Earlybay!

I'm Dennis, 22, from the Netherlands. New to buses, but familiar with aircooled vw's, this is my '60 Mango:
DSC_0390.jpg

I'm a member of a small aircooled club, http://www.bugpeople.nl

As a new shop ride we've bought a '70 Westfalia wide bed pick up. More on that soon!

Welcome all new doods! that bug Dennis is sick! 8)

Hi, just registered thought i would say hello to everyone, should be getting my 69 LHD WESTY in a couple of weeks then hopefully down to cornwall in august for a nice sunny holiday, I HOPE! This is my first bus so nervous and excited at the same time, thanks for reading .

Hi, well imnew on here, bought my 72 cali import camper (sunny)about a month ago, after a good few years looking for the right one. So far its either been on the drive or at the garage, i have to ask myself is it worth it??? :roll:

Hi all!

Signed up after meeting mattd1984 tonight (picked up a solid exhaust for my '71 Bay - 'Buttercup') - you can read her whole story here: http://volksdriver.com/news/?p=417" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pitched-up-next-to-Loch-Ness-300x225.jpg

Off on Summer hols in a couple of weeks, fingers crossed that she makes it on the 2nd annual road trip!

lard44 said:
Hi all!

Signed up after meeting mattd1984 tonight (picked up a solid exhaust for my '71 Bay - 'Buttercup') - you can read her whole story here: http://volksdriver.com/news/?p=417" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pitched-up-next-to-Loch-Ness-300x225.jpg

Off on Summer hols in a couple of weeks, fingers crossed that she makes it on the 2nd annual road trip!

Hi mate

Good to see you on here, and a nice write up. :)

Welcome welcome new peeps! come in, have a mooch around and ask away! but remember we like piccies of buses, so get em up in the gallery :mrgreen:

Hi everyone,
Just thought I'd say hey...
I am not at all new to VW's, but I am new to baywindows. I have always had split window buses up until now.
Anyway, I have always liked the look of early bays, and I just picked one up!!!! This 1970 Westy was advertised locally, and was parked in a farmers barn. It would appear that someone had pretty much stripped it down for paint, had it painted, then it never made it back together. Sadly, by the time I got it, the top and interior are no longer with it. I was attracted to it because there is basically no rust. The "new" paint is pretty faded out on one side but seems to clean up easily..
I was told it was from Florida, and I actually found a Florida license plate in it. BTW- I live in Canada.
Anyway, here are a few pics!!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

hiya everyone , I'm buying a bay when my wee mk1 golf sells , doing my bay homework at the moment so signed up . il get involved as soon as I purchase a bus .

loving all the nice wagenz on here

James

In falkirk , Scotland

EarlyBay said:
Say hello here on this thread ...
hi guys,so glad to be a proud owner of a early bay,il post pics as soon as i get back onshore,looking forward to santa pod....

hi folks

Im chris, and technically i dont own a bay yet, though ive agreed on a price to buy one!

its from a member of this parish, and is a 68 dormobile that needs a few bits welding, well ok a lot of welding!

pretty new to Aircooled stuff, my other passion is Classic minis and i'm chairman of the Aberdeen mini owners club, but my grandad had an oak green beetle and my dad used to hire a bay for a few years running to take us down south on holiday so its something i've wanted to own for a while now.

So expect plenty of newbie type questions, though i know to search for the obvious ones first!

Chris