New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi mark
Welcome to the forum bout time too,you'll loads of inspiration,advice,help(as you are doing for me).

The guys and girls can't do enough for you mate and keep a special eye out for ozziedogs posts you'll piss your pants

Catch you after me hols mate
Oh and by the way just to really ruin my hols I woke up with bursitis in my left elbow now got a ostrich size egg pertruding from my left elbow hurts like stink and I'm now on anti biotics for 7 days so no drinking for first half of hols :cry:

Mark6455 said:
Hi mark
Welcome to the forum bout time too,you'll loads of inspiration,advice,help(as you are doing for me).

The guys and girls can't do enough for you mate and keep a special eye out for ozziedogs posts you'll piss your pants

Oh and by the way just to really ruin my hols I woke up with bursitis in my left elbow now got a ostrich size egg pertruding from my left elbow hurts like stink and I'm now on anti biotics for 7 days so no drinking for first half of hols :cry:

Ouch! Nasty one mate, I broke my elbow years ago and get this all the time so can sympathise for you on this one.

My last one.... photos always come in handy for throwing a sicky ;)

IMG00065-20110416-2011.jpg

89Rallye said:
Mark6455 said:
Hi mark

Ouch! Nasty one mate, I broke my elbow years ago and get this all the time so can sympathise for you on this one.

Yep that's the one stings and throbs like a wasp on steroids has been at it.
How long did it last mate as you know I go to Corfu on Friday and I'm hoping it's not gonna spoil my hols

I'll post a pic tomorrow when I stop crying like a tart
My last one.... photos always come in handy for throwing a sicky ;)

IMG00065-20110416-2011.jpg

After about a week I had some movement but it took about 2-3 weeks before I had full movement back although I wasnt taking anything for it as I find nothing works really apart from rest, although I do have indamethacin (I take for gout) which takes some of the swelling down. I know you medical types dont like sharing drugs but if you want to try a strip let me know ;)

89Rallye said:
After about a week I had some movement but it took about 2-3 weeks before I had full movement back although I wasnt taking anything for it as I find nothing works really apart from rest, although I do have indamethacin (I take for gout) which takes some of the swelling down. I know you medical types dont like sharing drugs but if you want to try a strip let me know ;)

Thanks for the offer mate but I'm on double strengh anti biotics and hoping it works I've also got a big gig on the night I get back from my hols :?

You'll be cool mate, just an excuse to take it easy on holiday 8)

Wheres the gig? would love to come down and see you guys play.

Your more than welcome mark it's at the pacific road in Birkenhead the biggest venue on our side of the Mersey.And I plan on taking it real easy on my hols just a bit peeved I can't drink till Tuesday

If you fancy going mate let me know and I'll get you two tickets

Hello there,

Well, my name is Marcin and just got my first bus. A 1969 Weekender that is in amazing shape. I did go ahead and post pictures in the gallery section of the website. Look forward to getting to know you.

;) :lol: Hey Marcin,, that looks like a nice little collection you have there, you must really be a glutton for punishment :lol: So how about some piccys then ????? I`d like to see some detailed stuff of this Mini Super. You may have had some slightly different models over there because they were very different in Oz to the ones in the UK, I don`t know for sure, but you may be the first from Oaklahoma City, someone will pop up shortly to tell me I`m wrong :mrgreen: So anyhow `Welcome,' anddon`t be a stranger on the general forum or the tech, all input is good, even if you have to make it up like I do :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,Oaklahoma,,,,,,,,,,I feel a song coming on here :lol:

Hey everyone!

My name is Kim and I am new to this forum.

Found you guy's via a member that is also a member on a Pinto forum I frequent. I also just got my first Bay yesterday!! I will post some pics in another section of the forum, but here is one for now! :D

IMG_1859.jpg

It's a 1970 Westy.

I do have a probable dumb question, but I am new to Bays. What does Lowlight mean?? I am guessing it is because the tail lights are lower then the new busses??

I look forward to reading and contributing to the forum!!
Kim

justcruzin said:
Hey everyone!

My name is Kim and I am new to this forum.

Found you guy's via a member that is also a member on a Pinto forum I frequent. I also just got my first Bay yesterday!! I will post some pics in another section of the forum, but here is one for now! :D

IMG_1859.jpg

It's a 1970 Westy.

I do have a probable dumb question, but I am new to Bays. What does Lowlight mean?? I am guessing it is because the tail lights are lower then the new busses??

I look forward to reading and contributing to the forum!!
Kim
Hello and welcome!

Looking forward to some more piccies! - low light refers to the front indicators, lower down up to 1971 with the small rear lights and moon shaped rear vents and also low on the 72 with the later square lights and vents in the rear - after this the indicators on the front where raised to the same level as the front grill

lard said:
Hello and welcome!

Looking forward to some more piccies! - low light refers to the front indicators, lower down up to 1971 with the small rear lights and moon shaped rear vents and also low on the 72 with the later square lights and vents in the rear - after this the indicators on the front where raised to the same level as the front grill

Thanks for the welcome and also the definition!! :D

Hiya Kim,,, Nice looking Westy,, which side of the pond are you on ????? Which ever side it is greetings and welcome, don`t be shy about posting anything as you can learn a load from these lot :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, I did :mrgreen:

ozziedog said:
Hiya Kim,,, Nice looking Westy,, which side of the pond are you on ????? Which ever side it is greetings and welcome, don`t be shy about posting anything as you can learn a load from these lot :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, I did :mrgreen:

I'm in California!

Thanks for the welcome, I'm definitely posting! LOL I have a post under "My 70 Bus"! :D

Howdy Y'all. My name is Ted. I reign from the midwest usa.
I have been into early VW's since I bought a '71super in say '91ish. Moved onto Split Busses soon there-after and stayed solid. Now that I am in my 30s I have gotten soft and stepped into the earlybay. I am now on my 3rd '68 and don't plan to go any newer...Except maybe a sage'78 camper as that is my vintage :mrgreen:

Been lurking for a while so I thought that I would share.

1st '68 was a bay-curious flip. Bench-panel converted pop-top.
disc25034.jpg

Then bought a '68 walk-thru Deruxe converted camper. I'm 3rd owner.
kk3.jpg

Now just brought homer a '68 double bubble.
d05295b2.jpg

Nice to chat with y'all. I do have a hand full of splits and bugs yet so I will drop by only so often. ;)

SeeYa. Ted.

Hi my name is Matthew
For my sins i own a late bay (1975) before that a t25 so i am going in the right direction.

Now for the plug hope you don't mind

2 years ago i became ill and had to give up my job as a felicity's manager, this gave me a opportunity to reassess what i wanted to do
i originally trained as a mains electrician before spending 6 years wiring everything from main battle tanks to a corsa for the MOD.

I have worked on a few vans already on this site and work for Ron at http://www.vwendangeredspecies.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; when he need electric work doing.

My work is to a high standard using the correct terminal crimps (not the coloured ones) or soldered where needed.

http://www.the-fixit-man.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Electrician and general handyman

Specializing in camper and caravan electrics services including.
Mains hookup testing and safety certificating.
Mains hookup installation.
Splitcharger installation.
General leisure electric installation.
Replacement wiring looms supplied and fitted.
General fault finding.

10% discount to early bay members

Hello all ,
Just registered but have been tru here a few times in the past -recently picked up a 1970's westie from Arizona and had it shipped to sunny Ireland where she is getting a nose job and some other nice bits .
I'm sure I'll be on here asking a whole manner of Questions ?
Mac

Hi ya to you three !! :D Ted looks to be a bit of a collector, with a regular armada of dubs, Matthew looks like he could be an assett to some of those in mid resto crisis or even problematic sparks issues , ( where are you exactly Matthew ?? and how far do you travel ??) and Mac seems to have bagged hisself a rust free jobbie and halved the amount of work required on the resto. Thanks for the photos Ted,,, but what about the rest of your fleet ?????? And we`d like some from Matthew and Mac as soon as you`re ready :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, Sooner rather than later ta !! :lol: ;) :lol:

Hey Oz.

Started my own thread.
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=35353" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seeya. Ted.

Latest posts