New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi there been flicking round the site and decided to join up i own a latebay but better late then never

Hi guys. Another newbie here. I'm looking to buy my first bay window soon. I've wanted one for years but couldn't afford one. I'm not sure if I can now :)

Anyway a bit of advice would be great. What to look for etc. I've done a bit of research and I think I've got it all sorted but a little bit more advice won't hurt ;)

Cheers

Hi everyone, i originally registered on Latebay as the bus i bought had a '78 plate on it, a birth cert later and i find its December '72 which is a result for tax but brings crossover madness with it ! Posts are useless without pics so here's one for starters;

as we got it:
IMAG0101.jpg

it was 'cal looked' (?) in the 90's left hooker bult for export originally in a special order 'red' colour, its seen some life since then including daft repairs like this:
2skinvan.jpg

i'm doing ALL the repair work myself.

this is my other toy...

IMG_4293.jpg

2011%2B-%2B1

hello.

Hi,

About time I popped in and said hi, signed up a few weeks ago after browsing the fore sale section on here. I have since bought a 69 westy from here in the states and I am just in the process of getting it transported back here.

I dare say I will asking lots of questions regarding restoration lowering, best suppliers etc along with what do I need to do to get the car road legal in the UK and registered etc.

J.

Hello and welcome to you and Daisy :mrgreen: Some piccys might be nice, hint hint :lol: If you find any experts then let us know and we`ll get em deported :shock: There is a few on here that know their onions, but that don`t include me, unless you need to know how to use various sized hammers :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, Hint hint,,, piccys :D :lol: :D

Evening all, new to the site to VW's.

But seem to have generated a bit of a fetis!

Stumbled across a 1968 panel van with a cracking number plate "MUF" had to have her. :lol:

VW van man said:
Evening all, new to the site to VW's.

But seem to have generated a bit of a fetis!

Stumbled across a 1968 panel van with a cracking number plate "MUF" had to have her. :lol:
Mmmmmmmm nice plate :lol: :lol:

Welcome welcome 8)

Hi I'm Bizz

I have a 72 Dormobile called Masie.

I have lurked a little before and got a few tips so thought i should introduce myself.

Bizz

how do. Just opened my account and want to say hi before i start picking all your brains and annoying everyone with simple questions like what colour should i paint my bay. should i two tone it. white over a colour, or not....what is more desirable? It's a big question. like choosing the name of a child.....welll. anyway thanks in advance .

Another newbie here. I'm looking to buy a bay window soon. I really want too get myself a bay, probably a LHD import with a bit of work required. What sort of thing can you get for the £2-3000 mark ?

These are my other toys:
A 1967 Morris Minor which I am currently restoring :
034.jpg

and a 1964 mg midget which will be my first car once I've passed my test:

005-2.jpg

Cheers

Hi All

I am so excited I have just put down my deposit on a 1972 Westfalia Continental California import in Sierra Yellow.

I would upload a picture but I am so new to this site that I cant work that out just yet as it keeps saying your attachment is invalid???

I look forward to being part of the best club in the world....

cheers

Rob

Hi Ozziedog,

I just about managed to get your subtle hint and was about to post a pic of Daisy but I have tried to attach a pic but an error comes up saying the board attachment quota has been reached :shock: so I can't. Sorry!!

xx

:lol: Well Farranti that had me foxed for a while as well :lol: If I can do it, anyone can, there`s a how to somewhere but the nuts and bolts of it are,,, you need a photobucket account (or similar) so you can load your photos on there and then pop em on here with the url,, whatever that is :lol: I`m an old fart, and that`s my only defence. AND the same goes for you Unknownstate ;) great name by the way :mrgreen:And Coupcoup, Bizz and Maisy, I think you got the drift,,, photos are required :mrgreen: . Do your best and if you still can`t do it, you`ll have to wait till your nephews come to visit and get them to do it for the first time :msn4: (that`s what I did) :lol:
So Morrismad, nice collection and photos, have spent many a happy hour in my 1000 van many moons ago, never had a car though, rolled the van in the end :shock: :oops: :shock: which was a bit of a shame :roll:
So welcome welcome welcome, come right on in and pull up a chair, join in and ask away with those questions, there is also a search function on here but no one will bite your head off on here if you ask the `what oil ' question, that`s a regular on here at least once a month ;) but ask anyway, and if you`re worried about looking daft :roll: then just P.M. me and I`ll ask, as they are mostly used to taking the pi55 out of me :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, SO !!! fire away :mrgreen: ;) :mrgreen:

ozziedog said:
:lol:
So Morrismad, nice collection and photos, have spent many a happy hour in my 1000 van many moons ago.....

Hey ozziedog and morrismad, I used to have moggie van too! Loved her, still wonder if she's still around, you hardly ever see them these days. can even remember the number plate XLP 302G I think, and that must have been nearly 20 years ago! : )

Hi All,

I'm from South Africa and I have 2 Westy's. 1970 and 1972. The ones here are not walk through models and assembled in Uitenhage.
Here is a picture of my '70
290f65e7-331d-5937.jpg

ozziedog, here's some more pic's
29110c4e-87aa-3d46.jpg
29110c4e-87d1-91a3.jpg

Hi All

So does this work??? Here is a picture of my new van, just after her respray! :D

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x413/unknownstate/camper2.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cheers

Nice colour matey :)
The easiest way to post pics with photobucket is open two browser pages (this 'un an photo bucket) then find the pic u wanna post up and click the mouse on the info tab of your pic and it will say "copied"
Then pop onto the forum page and when you are typing your reply/post just right click and paste the link :)
Works the same from an iphone too

Latest posts