New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like the look of that ^^^ :mrgreen: There are quite a few Dormy fans on here with obviously quite a few Dormys! Looks dead cool as it is , so what`s the plan then ?? run as is or are there plans in the pipeline ??

Ozziedog,,,,,,, 8) :mrgreen: 8)

ah cheers ozziedog, the plans are as follows:-
its my weekend driver so i'm trying to keep it on the road while the work is in progress (works transit and the mrs's eos in the driveway) everythings fairly solid bit of welding underneath but nowt major, the brown is gonna stay but it might end up turning shiny.
interiior will be coming out to have a bespoke version made hopefully all within a year but i'm sure you know how these plans go :)

Sounds a bit like my vision of how things should go, do what you can and when you can but keep the bus mobile as much as poss. If I just ripped it completely apart (again) then I know I`d loose heart in the resto, whereas if I can still go places every now and then or even just up the shops, it keeps the smileometer running and that folks is what it`s all about :mrgreen: Mine has been off the road for a month now and I am getting withdrawal symptoms, I got one of the sides half out and half in and work has taken a bit of an upturn which I don`t mind in the winter but hey ho I had today off and was besieged by family :roll: :evil: :roll: Thought I was gonna get him back rolling but rellies , hey what can you do :roll:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, Keep us up to speed on it :mrgreen: ;) :mrgreen:

Hi to all on EarlyBay.com !!
I live in south France in a little village, and I'm giving a 2nd life to a '71 westy found by my Aunt at his job.
You can have a look at it's renewal and lowering job on my blog (link below, but in french only, sorry :roll: ).
It's pretty cool to have a look on what is done in UK, good job guys !

Hello

Been into vw's for a long time, mainly Beetles, but decided I needed something bigger for the whole family so took the plunge last year and imported a 1970 Bay. It has been steep learning curve and I have discovered the horrors of american botching, but the bus is being fixed up back to it's original glory. It's a velvet green SO69/5 paris westy with full size pop top. I will need to remake the top linen cupboard, storage seat, tall cabinet and find a table, but the main priority is to get it fixed up and back on the road.

Cheers

Jon

Hi there Im finally joined up and not just peeking in. Im down in OZ just north of sydney by the beach. I have a 71 ex army van iv had it for about a year and a half and love owning it so Ill get some pics up so u can all c the old girl Cheers Ev :D

Hi there,
I'm glad to find a forum for the early bays :) I live in Romania and last year I got a '70 westy... unfortunately with a TDI conversion :( There are good parts an bad parts....but I got used with all of them :) Here's a pic of my "box" :)
https://picasaweb.google.com/102916464774663430973/The_box?noredirect=1#5637797584032997746" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Four new peeps,, how 8) is that, and from all over the place even from the waterworld :mrgreen: Welcome and enjoy and a bit of dub experience as well, as they say,, "It`s all good" now as get`s said every now and then,, show us the piccies. :mrgreen: Looks like you`ve all seen the light 8) the low light that is :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, Lookin forwards to the pics :mrgreen:

Hi all. Just been browsing through the site and very impressed. I normally spend my time on VZI but now I've found you!

I'm a vehicle trimmer, covering Surrey, Hampshire, Berkshire, London & South coast areas. No bay as yet, the savings pot keeps getting spent. Im after a panelvan, possibly microbus but will have to make do with my mk2 Golf van for the mean time.

Cheers Dave

Hi all, I'm Matt from Nottingham.

New to Early Bay.com but been around aircooled for a while now.

We bought ourselves our Bay last year as a wedding gift to ourselves but unfortunatly we have now got to part with it as we have seen a house we want to buy and need the cash from the Bay to make it happen :(

Its our 3rd Bus and must say its been the best to drive comfort wise. We will deffinatly have another Early Bay once we have moved and got settled again, prob have a single Cab pick-up though next.

Off to Dubfreeze in the Bus in 2 weeks time, looking forward to our first meet of the season :D

Hi All,

First post on the forum.

Lei (my wife) and I bought our van (Dotty) last year and have the best time in her. Now looking to gain a little confidence in maintaining her myself and thought I would join this forum to read and learn and offer assistance where I can.

Looking forward speaking to some of you throughout the year.

Cheers

Lowlightbay.

569bc1a6-b339-35e8.jpg

569bc1a6-b370-169e.jpg

569bc1a6-b38a-04f7.jpg

new on here gents ,didnt even get a chance to post in mech awnsers ,as i found a pic of what i needed ,great site and will get some pics up of my 71 resto i doing at the mo but for now i will put a pic up of what she was like. :D

Evening all,

First post, although have been browsing for a while now prior to buying my first bay, a 71 Westy which I picked up at the weekend. She's a solid Californian import, with some pretty scruffy paint. The interior seems to be all there, it just needs a damn good clean - especially before the missus agrees to go camping in her!!

Cheers,
Jonny

bus-web.jpg

hi all new to aircooled vw been a blue oval nut bored with bhp now into slow and soon to be low i own a 72 devon bay
anyone else from southampton on here :p :p :p

Evening all

Been lurking in the background for a while, but taken a while to get round to posting. Been looking for an early bay since the summer, just got hold a 68 westy import. No show queen, but seems to be solid and just got through it's mot. My technical skills are a bit limited, to say the least, so may well be calling on the collective knowledge of the forum as I get more adventurous.

Cheers, Mark

And another seven new peeps :mrgreen: Ask away all, and don`t forget,,,, summers almost here :mrgreen: If you stand on your tippy toes and strain your eyes real hard,,,,,,,,,,, you`ll just see it off in the distance and it`s definitely almost here :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Can`t wait :p :mrgreen: :p :mrgreen: :p

Latest posts