New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, I have been browsing on here for a few months now , the advice and pics from others is brilliant and has helped me no end. We bought Monty last summer and he was already re-sprayed on the outside, the inside was very original and in good shape for the age. :D
I have been working away on loads of smaller jobs: fitting new seal around the pop-top hatch, replacing headlamp flasher solenoid, replacing all the light seals etc etc. We have had a couple of trips or so but have been waiting for the spring this year for more trips.
I am installing a Firetec unit next and some new fuel pipes.
We are going to Volksworld so hoping to see some Earlybay members! 8)

P10208561.jpg

P1020953.jpg

P1020959.jpg

Hi all,
I'm Shaun from nottingham
Just thought I'd say hi, been looking over the site for a while but I thought it was time to register :D
I've got a 68' early bay (15/01/1968) tintop in blue/white, with the interior stripped ATM while I fit new flooring, r'n'r, and general sound deadening and wax oiling etc
I will post some photos up soon (when I work that bit out lol)
Cheers 8)

Hello!

I'm a late bay owner taking a look around.
I have a 1975 twin slider (now with one door welded up by a former owner) rat with "hoodride" written down the side (I wouldn't have put it there but I like it. It also so some reason has an early front on the van with no indicators (high or low) so I've got myself a set of early bumpers to fit on to it.
Only today I discovered that the bumpers came off a single or crew cab truck so the rear is too wide for my van. I believe they're hard to come by. So anybody want it or know somebody who needs one?

I'll stick it up in the classifieds tomorrow with pictures and I'll figure a price.

:D

Hey im new to Early bay and new to the VW Camper scene, bought myself a 1969 Westy. I will be putting some pics on here soon.

Hi i'm new.

This is my first van and its a 1968 Panel van imported from California.

IMG_2298.jpg

IMG_2297.jpg

IMG_2296.jpg

As you can see its missing a few bits (engine, windscreen) but should keep me busy for a while.
The main thing is its solid so have given myself the aim of getting it running, registered and MOT'd by Camper Jam.

What do you think?!

Bam.

Hi new to this site just got myself a US 1669 westy, hoping I can get advice from you as I am new to this. For starters I am missing a lense cover for a rear light not the oval one but the small clear one above that can find one any where, any ideas.

RichardAlexander said:
Hi new to this site just got myself a US 1669 westy, hoping I can get advice from you as I am new to this. For starters I am missing a lense cover for a rear light not the oval one but the small clear one above that can find one any where, any ideas.
Post what you want in the for sale and wanted section you will get a better responce and you won`t get moaned at by the ones above :msn4:

Hi - New person here!

Pretty excited, training down to Arundel tomorrow to pick up a bus

Never had one before and haven't a clue

Hence me getting on the forum asap!

Wish me luck getting it back... :?

Val

Hi folks my names Mark and I guess I've been using and abusing your forum for 6 months
Selling my early bay spares and really ought be polite and show you my ride !!
He's 1971 micro bus purchased from Wayne at volksheaven about 5 year ago and underwent a lot of cosmetic work and overhaul of all running gear but was other wise solid and he's Taken us as far as Zurich and regularly to Belgium and Germany for beer and holidays he was named Otis by my wife and her friends on our first major trip and it's stuck
I work on new vw Audi group cars but have been working on air-cooled vws since I was 12 in our family business So hope I can help peeps out look forward to meeting folks at Stanford hall in May
Cheers Mark

cd0085eb.jpg

780f2ef4.jpg

dd414c60.jpg

Hello and welcome to all new doods (and some old!) 8)

IMG_2543.jpg

IMG_6966.jpg

IMG_0630.jpg

just thought i would post some piccies in here to say hello to my new (old) westy, its going to be a labour of love but i love it already, despite breaking down before i got home.

Hi

Just joined Early Bay.com after Doris recommended it to me.

As ever in the VW world advice is greatly appreciated especially after completing my 1969 1500 Beetle full resto last August in 10 months(day and night). Seems a distant memory now the better weather is coming so we can enjoy driving rather than restoring.
I have recently bought a 1970 Cali Westy import in very good condition and just needs respray and interior tidying up.

Will try to load some pictures when I work out how to do i

6874193338_1bc96d95b0_o.jpg

6874235500_f579a5e662_m.jpg

6874254048_2bf85bf5a3_m.jpg

Hi All

Not really new to here as I joined a few years ago when I wanted an early bay, that didn't happen and I ended up with another split.
Lot's happened since then, bus went to help with house move [now live in Lincolnshire, any clubs up here?], settled in and after immediate jobs done had cash to buy another bus and got my early bay :D

Been into VW's about 15 years, started with a 77 bay and had some great times in that. Had a beauty 1969 westy, og paint, complete, pretty near mint but everyone else in the cub had splits so that went :( . Had a good few T25's including a right corker I flew to Düsseldorf to collect and then half a dozen splits.

I now own a 1969 [but on a H] westy that had been stripped out but a new shop bought interior fitted, it's not bad, lots of niggles that I'll be worrying the guys about over on the techy forum ;) .

I have no VW mates up here as I move from the South East in September, I'm no where near the clubs I used to frequent so a pretty lonely VDubber :( . Would be great to hear of club meets, shows that are in my neck of the woods, really somewhere to hang now the summers on it's way in 8)

Cheers for checking out my intro.

Brian.

Hello Brian.

You'll find them a right stange buch on here. :msn4:

They like their indicators low down and dirty. Thats just plain weird.

Hi Brian, welcome and all that stuff, I`ll bet there`s a zillion early bay peeps up near you, why don`t you check out the map location thingy on here in the mean time ?? Sort of where everyone is :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, We is a little bit weird :mrgreen: But no toasters strapped on the sides of the bus :mrgreen:

Hey there Ermintrude, I thought I recognized that name, but I have been a little lax and not wandered over there for a while to see how the lates are getting on :roll: Hope you enjoy it while you is here :mrgreen: They is every bit as friendly as what you have over there and just a little more chilled out :roll: If that`s possible . One of the pre requisites on here though is a piccy or two :? As a matter of fact is almost compulsory, and if it isn`t ,,,,,,,,,,, then maybe it should be :lol: Don`t tell anyone, but I got a late bay Devon pop a lot on my early :msn4:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, AND !!!!! a bigso welcome :mrgreen:

Latest posts