New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not know to what you are referring young sir :msn4: :msn4: Stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid place to put a bloody fence post anyhooooooo, great camo with that on the bumpers :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, Should have took it for my fire,,, burn the evidence :mrgreen:

Hello fellow bayers.
I've just bought my first bay and aircooled vee dub in fact. Been a watercooled dubber for 25 years. Got a 72 crossover sunroof deluxe. Currently at house of dubs undergoing resto. I'm going to put a full camping interior in her. Any tips or advice would be most welcome.

Cheers
John.

Hi everyone, I'm new on the forum and the aircooled scene, Ive posted a message about an e-bay 68 type 2 RHD Devon. If anyone can help it would be great. Thanks Jay :D .

Welcome to the best and most informative ,helpful site there is on this subject.
Everybody made my wife and I feel like we had found the right place.
We are looking for a van to and have been to see a few so far.
The good ones command the fair dollar and quite rightly so. We made a list of every major part of the vehicle we could and the list goes to every vehicle we see, each part is checked and if there is any doubt
WALK away. Don't let your heart rule the head.(Ozziedog quote.)

Most of all have fun doing it.

Good luck

J & P
:D :D :D

Hi All , joined the forum a good while back but never been a forumy type tbh , ive gleemed lots of useful info from you guys and thought it about time i posted a hello and say thanks for all the friendly info available on here , its very much apprecited , will try to be more active too.

cheers :D

Hello All.
Mines a '73 Westy from California, so why am I on here? Well, I've found that Westy parts have much more in common with early than late bays. Hope you don't feel I'm squatting :mrgreen:

Welcome guys this is a great forum for just Lurking around and reading if your that way inclined there's plenty of folks willing to lend a hand and part with valuable knowledge. But we do like them piccies, so get them posted. Ozzie dog will be along in a min to confirm the piccies

Hi to all the new peeps :D We don`t really care what bus you got so long as you either got one or is getting one or even if you just like them :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, So post some piccies :mrgreen:

Hi to all the new peeps :D We don`t really care what bus you got so long as you either got one or is getting one or even if you just like them :mrgreen:

ozziedog said:

I've not taken any pics yet :oops: !! Will do soon :)

peja5ytu.jpg

Managed a quick phone pic , was a dry day today so decided to take the bus to work [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Hi all,

Finally got my long awaited earlybay (72 crossover) had a lovely drive back from Bristol to Oxford, had it checked out at my local vw specalist apart from the many many washer on the brake calipers and some minor issues that have now been resolved all was well. With plans to re- do the interior and kids all excited, wife with fabrics to choose it all sounded good. Then work decided to move me to Cyprus (poor me), so arranged with sister in law to take it until we returned kids wife dogs set to take it to is new temporary home in cambridge and BANG engine decided it didn't what to go to cambridge (my fault), fortunately only 5 miles from there home.

So saving up to put a new engine in her, I won't let this hickup deter me from enjoying her when I get back (only 1.5 years to go) hopefully get to some event when I get back.

Will try to post some photos

Very nice clean looking bus. A shame about the little misadventure with the motor though. As you say, sorting a motor ain`t the end of the world but just a pain in the proverbial :? Look forward to catching up with you on a nice field somewhere and emptying a bottle or three :mrgreen: When you come back from Cyprus,,, see if you can bring some sunshine with you :mrgreen: Big big welcome to you, the family and the bus, hurry back from Cyprus dude :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, Don`t forget,, bring some sunshine :mrgreen:

Hello from California. So I thought all the type 2's went from California back to Europe. Seems I have an oddball bus that found its way from Europe to California in a roundabout sort of way. I think this is a Euro-spec 1969 Westfalia SO69/5 "Paris" with the optional Dormobile top... My guess is it was purchased special order and delivery taken in Germany then brought to the states by the purchaser. I have had the bus a couple months now, and I'm impressed with how original it is with the exception of the upholstery and paint. It spent much of its life in the US Midwest and has the cancer to show for that. Original engine with 115k (miles). Has unusual servo assist drum brakes, ventilation assist fans, Eberspacher heater, and inner/outer belly pans (M-codes match all that), plus the SO69/5 interior, Dormo top, deluxe bay bumpers, and electric defrost in the rear window (no M-codes for all that). Does anybody want to chime in about my assumption that this was a domestic (German) bus? I think the SO69 interiors and the option for the Dormo top were never exported to the US (only Campmobiles with standard Westy poptop were)?? Is this a pretty rare beast, or are there still lots rolling around in Europe? Any comments or information would be greatly appreciated. Cheers (tried to add photos, don't know if they will come through...)

Hello from California. I might be purchasing a '72 deluxe I'm the next couple of months if it all works out in my favor. My coworker had one sitting in his garage with a blown motor for the last 15+ years.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk 2

Hello from Cornwall! I've just purchased a 1968 bay :D had one before which I sold in 2004 to buy a split - then sold that 2010. So glad to be back on the camper scene! Currently green and white, but originally Neptune Blue with blue interior - and will be again one day! It's also a Devon Torvette and was built Dec '67 so pretty early. Needs quite a bit of work, but has an MOT at least! Will post some photo's at some point :D

Latest posts