New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably time to come out of the shadows and say hi

Currently have a 72 crossover that I bought back in 86. Have put 150,000 + on it over the years and i'd hate to add up the hours welding and tinkering but its been worth it for all the good times
Remainder of the fleet includes a ratty 72 crossover microbus that I use in the winter to save the others , a lhd 68 deluxe that I brought over from California last year and a 66 splitscreen crewcab.

Four is probably the practical limit for a while . Have a 74 Westy inbound from US this week , but this one will be destined for a mate.

Will try and get round to posting up a few pictures.

Hello from another newbie :)

I have had my bus CyByL, a 71 tin top since 1989, sadly she has been off the road for 10 years, I have had Basil, also a 71 and my daily drive for most of those 10 years and I also have a T25 that will be done up this year and sold to get CyByL back on the road :D

Basil was a pop top but leaked horribly so I got a Riviera roof conversion last year.....

vanfest_005.jpg

Look forward to chatting with you :D

Welcome to all the newbs and sounds like a nice eclectic mix of vans. 8)
Make sure those pics are put up for those who haven't :wink:

hello noobies, 2J that a strange looking window ive never seen anything like it... very cool bus

hello and welcome to all the new dooods! 8)

i done do the helloing to the people here a while back, but i was too busy procrastinatin' to post any pics of my bus :? .
so i thought i would.
bus1.jpg

bus2.jpg

Hi - recently found this site; isn't it great how you can always find a forum to suit yor addictions?!

Anyway, Steve & Beth here. Got a 1971 Dormobile which is under-going major corrective surgery at the moment.

The story: bought the 'van un-seen on ebay.co.uk when we were in India on the return leg of a round-the-World trip. Thinking it would be a great idea to have a van when we got back to travel around the UK and see friends and family. However, a big end went on the way back home from picking it up from Ellsemere Port which meant an engine rebuild and then we slowly discovered we'd paid £5K for a rust bucket!

It's on the road to recovery now though, undergoing a complete resto.

See the pics at http://www.steve-brown.co.uk/gurtie

Hi and welcome.

Great pictures and nice to see your both getting stuck it , keep up the good work as it will be worth it in the end.

Mike

kempy said:
...nice to see your both getting stuck it...

Well, yeah. Beth was a little 'enthusiastic' when it came to the angle grinder though. I wasn't expecting half of the roof to be removed!

Welcome Veedubman2,good pictures there dude.It was a good choice in the Dormy,I think they're possibly the best interior in the early bays. 8)

Well I suppose I should say hi and post a couple of pix of the old gal!

It's a 71 danbury, had it for 9 years, mostly original with just about 130,000 on the original motor. I've given it a psuedo US makeover and am slowly replacing bits and pieces here and there.

Other pic shows the 'daily' in the background!

Cheers A.

mustnopl.jpg

Picture025.jpg

vanside1.jpg

VeeDubMan2 said:
kempy said:
...nice to see your both getting stuck it...

Well, yeah. Beth was a little 'enthusiastic' when it came to the angle grinder though. I wasn't expecting half of the roof to be removed!

wow! :shock: thats some serious surgery! really nice work with the cutting and welding...

welcome to EB. 8)

Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd say Howdy seeing as after years of VW ownership I've only recently found you all!

I've been a member of the VZi and KC forums since betting the bug (excuse the pun) after a European adventure in a zebra-printed 1979 Kea conversion.

Since then I've had a 1980 T25 Devon (shed), a 1972 1800 Devon tintop (nippy but unreliable), a 1969 yellow fasty (sweet), a navy 1303 (held together by rust), a 1973 tintop custom interior (ruined by a vw 'expert' restorer), a 1972 blue panel van (told to sell as scrap before being restored) and currently a crossover 1972 white tintop with original Dormobile minibus interior (rare?) - which is currently up for sale.

All the best,

Dave
(Gozza)

Hi everyone! just joined up tonight so i'll try and work out how to get some photo's up. Glad to have found you all! :shock:

Hi all. Just joined so i thought I say Hello!! Got myself a 72 camper, is this the last of the low-lights? Just changed my front calipers and already feeling the 'joy' of non standard parts!!! Will most likley be on here for advice fairly often. So see ya then!!!!

Latest posts