New Wiring Loom Bay T2

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

single boy

Reaction score
Got to invest in a new harness. Had quotes for just the loom, it comes with a 8 way fuse box ? My original has 12 connections (71 Australia T2 Bay Kombi )
Rapid Looms tell me this O.K. but at £335 I wonder?

Any other recommendations for suppliers and also will a 8 fuse do, I mean I guess the missing 4 fuses will have to hold hands with others! ?

Try Iain at "Air cooled auto elec" 07426 885507 he's a genius, also find him on Facebook

Vinvan

Rapid looms use all new wiring with modern fuse box etc. I fitted mine earlier in the year and it's good.

Couldn't be arsed trying to figure out the old one so ripped it all out and started a fresh

Rapid one was all documented

So you used a 8 way fuse box ? ( Rapidfit Looms ) Which wires did you combine ? Where the wires original colours ?

vinvan said:
Try Iain at "Air cooled auto elec" 07426 885507 he's a genius, also find him on Facebook

Vinvan

Another vote for Iain at VWaircooledautoelec. Did a brilliant job on my new loom on Friday in bitterly cold conditions, and cheerfully put right a few surprises along the way at no additional cost. Great bloke, does a proper job and is highly recommended. :D

Kev

single boy said:
So you used a 8 way fuse box ? ( Rapidfit Looms ) Which wires did you combine ? Where the wires original colours ?

Sorry for the massive delay lol, yes 8 way fuse box. And no not original colours (but included guide was easy to follow, and shows what old and new colours are)

You have to forget about the old loom, this is basically a modern loom designed for an old car. Not a new loom based on 50yr old tech (which is bad imho)

I had one issue with the wiper wiring (it was 72 onwards) other than that is was literally idiot proof.

Feels nice to rip everything out and replace with new. And I just keep a photocopy of the new manual in the van incase owt happens.

Latest posts