Newbie. After many years...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjb63

Reaction score
...got me a Bay. Turns out a lovely '72 crossover Moonraker. Totally original interior, down to some of the crockery, log books, Devon brochures etc, original curtains, seatcovers, no mods inside or out that I can find apart from some (looks ok but we'll see when the paint starts bubbling) welding in the usual places but not too much. Was originally light orange but now Chianti red. Ain't got a name for him yet as not used but just about slots in my garage. I need some rear seat belts for the kids and we're ready to go when the clocks change.
devmoon.jpg

[/img]
devmoon4.jpg

devmoon3.jpg

devmoon2.jpg

devmoon1.jpg

I like the colour. I was thikning of having this colour but opted for blue in the end, have never made up my mind whether I should have stuck to my original idea or not ..... so i always lie it when i see busses with what i didn't have.

Looks like a good van, will be great when its been sorted 8)

Proper nice !! have always liked the devon interior. Lovely bus :D

Sure I've got a lot to do, stuck at the moment trying to work out whether to keep totally original which is obviously limiting, or 'ruin' the authenticity of the interior. Has to be practical for the family so belts etc essential but after that I'm not sure. The dash is 'uncut' with original devon sticker so quandry of how to add stuff should I wish. Your views would be welcome.
I drove him about today just for the hell of it, warm him up etc and it was the nuts. Engine smooth, handling, brakes,etc, I'm feeling pretty lucky and proud right now.

rjb63 said:
stuck at the moment trying to work out whether to keep totally original which is obviously limiting, or 'ruin' the authenticity of the interior.
It looks like you've got a fairly unmolested interior there so I'd be tempted to retain it. I didn't have the same dilemma with ours as the interior was completely shot and was therefore a blank canvas. Ended up just installing a full width rock 'n roller. Nice bus by the way but I'm a sucker for chianti red Devons.

Very impresive, looks like you have a nice one on your hands 8)
Welcome :D

Latest posts