newbie on earlybay. Panel advice needed. thanks

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aust1972

Reaction score
Hi we recently purchased an imported 69 Savannah beige deluxe microbus which is my wifes daily driver. Its the perfect partner to my 62 bug daily! I am slowly working my way through the jobs to make it winter ready and have made good progress so far with all new window rubbers and new metal around bottom of windscreen. Have recently turned my attention to converting it to a weekend camper and will be using Z hinges to retain microbus seats. I tackled the boot floor earlier today which I was aware when viewing had been toshed up over the rust quite a few years ago.(if only they had replaced the window rubbers then) Anyway its bare metal now and have treated with rust converter. I do have a few areas that are thin and perforated. does anyone on Early Bay know if any of the panel suppliers do sections of boot floor as its a different profile to the main floor. Or am i going to have to fabricate or get a cut from a scrap van. Anyone scrapping any thing at the moment?
Many thanks in advance

Get on the internet check usual suppliers. Scofields, jk, c&c etc. someone must have one. Or speak to FBI campers see if they have a cut. VW parts emporium may have one

I think I seen a body cut of this area on Facebook, the guy was call John Deitchman, not sure if that's how you spell his surname mind :oops:
I think he's fairly well known & imports stuff to trade at busfest!!??
He's probably on here too?????

cheers for replies. Trawled through the usual suspects sites before posting and no one seems to to do boot floor sections. I will have to fabricate section to match then as only need an area about a4 size.

Latest posts